Sign in to follow this  
shaznyc

How to get Thumbnails to open in PhotoBlog tab.

shaznyc

I love PageLine StationPro's "Blog/News" page on the Demo site. I have be trying to recreate my own Thumbnail Blog page like yours. I finally figured out how to get the Thumbnails - by adding new post, then adding a "Feature" photo to each post. What I have not figure out, is how to link those Posts/Thumbnails to a "Main page" tab. (ie) 1) I created a New Page call "PhotoBlog" and made it one of my main page tab. 2) I want visitors to see the Thumbnails of the Posts when they Click on the "PhotoBlog" tab, just like your Demo here: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/stationpro/news-blog/ How do I get the Thumbnail Page to open in Tab I created? And get it to work as well as your Demo Blog/News Page? Please help me, 0 B 1. Thanks SHAZ.

shaznyc

The Thumbnail BlogNews page/tab on your Meno site does not look like a Gallery. I bought StationPro becouse I love the BlogNews page/tab. it breaks my heart that I can not recreate it. How was that page link to the Thoumbnail post? Is there a tutorial for that set up? Thanks, SHAZ.

bryan-hadaway

Anything is possible, there just isn't a specific option for what you're requesting out of the box. Now, I think I'm simply failing to understand the goal. Okay, we're looking at: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/stationpro/news-blog/ - So, there are feature images - And they link to the same corresponding post they were set in - Good this is what it's suppose to do Now, what I'm understanding is that when someone goes to "PhotoBlog" you want them to see all the post thumbs listed together. If that's correct, that would be a gallery? And then when they click on the thumbs they would be taken to the post for that image? Am I understanding the goal correctly? Thanks, Bryan

shaznyc

I think you understand me correctly. But I am not able to get the same result from the answer you gave. The Gallery Plugin you suggested is not Looking or behaving the same as on your Demo site. I am new to WprdPress, so I think I will need more instructions on how to set up the "Thumbnail Look" you do so well on the Demo site. Thanks, SHAZ.

bryan-hadaway

Haha :), no problem... we'll get there. My brain just get's a little fuzzy sometimes. Can I get a link to your "PhotoBlog" page? Thanks, Bryan

shaznyc

O, I think your brain is fine, it's my brain that's fuzzy sin I'm new to WordPress. I'm new to this, so I'm playing and learning before I upload to the Host Server. I'm running WordPress locally on my computer with the StationPro theme.(Lovely theme by the way) So I do not have a link to send you. Here is a screen shot of my "Post Thumbnail" page. Every time I create a New Post it show up in a Page that WordPress created automatically. And here is a screen shot of my "PhotoBlog" page. Right now it is empty. It is empty because I do not know how to redirect the "Post Thumbnails" to it. The person who created your Demo Page is GOD in my eyes. Thanks, SHAZ.

shaznyc

O, I think your brain is fine, it's my brain that's fuzzy sin I'm new to WordPress. I'm new to this, so I'm playing and learning before I upload to the Host Server. I'm running WordPress locally on my computer with the StationPro theme.(Lovely theme by the way) So I do not have a link to send you. Here is a screen shot of my "Post Thumbnail" page. Every time I create a New Post it show up in a Page that WordPress created automatically. And here is a screen shot of my "PhotoBlog" page. Right now it is empty. It is empty because I do not know how to redirect the "Post Thumbnails" to it. The person who created your Demo Page is GOD in my eyes. Thanks, SHAZ.

cmunns

I think you just need to go into your WP Settings - Reading and set the PhotoBlog page as your posts page and your home page to some other static page. THe demo news/blog page is done this way and thus is the default manner of dealing with a WP blog, nothing special there

shaznyc

I owe you my first born. You are GOD. It works like a charm. Thanks you guys: Bryan Hadaway and cmunns, you have been so much help to this newbie. Take care, SHAZ.