Sign in to follow this  
misterfunk74

Buddypress bar redirects to homepage after upgrade to PlatformPro 1.2.2

misterfunk74

Hello, I updateded from PlatformPro 1.1.3 to 1.2.2, and using Buddypress I noticed that after the update the Buddypress bar doesn't work properly, because most of the links (to messages, groups, profile, etc.) redirects to the homepage. After the update I also installed the PlatformBase. Now, I had to switch back to 1.1.3, because neither with 1.2.2 nor with PlatformBase the Buddypress bar works properly. However, I would like to use the new version: any suggestion about how to fix this? Thank you, Filippo

bryan-hadaway

When using the new version are you just activating PlatformBase? Thanks, Bryan

misterfunk74

Hi Bryan, I activated 1.2.2 and then PlatformBase. Not sure if this is what you wanted to know... Thanks, Filippo

bryan-hadaway

You only need to activate PlatformBase. You may want to try activating the twenty 10 theme and then reactivate PlatformBase (NOT PlatformPro) and see if that has any effect. Thanks, Bryan

misterfunk74

Thank you Bryan, but unfortunately it didn't work. Now I remember that I had the same problem time ago with 1.1.3 as well, and that somehow I managed to fix it (but sadly I don't remember how!). Probably when I switch to 1.2.2 or to PlatformBase the fix is lost and therefore I get the problem again. Ah, if only I could remember what was the problem! My mom always tells me: "You need to eat fish: it's good for memory!". She's definitely right...

misterfunk74

Hi Catrina, unfortunately I didn't start a discussion neither here, nor in any another forum. Probably I found the solution somewhere in internet and it worked for me. But I don't remember what was the solution and where I found it... :-(

noriise

Found the answer: I just installed BuddyPress today and encountered this. A did a little digging and found it was using the ???nicename??? for the url. I went in to the users db via phpmyadmin and changed the nicename to ???admin??™ and now it??™s working.

gayatriom

Hey Elliot, I'm getting this same issue. What do you mean nicename? I'd like to go into my db and fix it too!