Sign in to follow this  
cjon316

Change Permalinks in Features, etc.

cjon316

I was thinking it would be cool to create a feature, and have the feature itself be a page about whatever is featured, for example. When I click on the view feature button, i get a 404 page, (as it seems the permalink structure built in to the feature is not accommodating the proper settings. I have looked all over and have found no advise on this, I did get a unique page once, when I tried it, that said the following: ------- Direct Previewing of "Special Post Types" Not Available... Yet Sorry, direct previewing of special "post types" such as "features" or "boxes" isn't unavailable. This WordPress functionality is new and rapidly developing, so it should be available soon. To preview a "custom post type" just view a page with that "section" on it. ------- Is there a way to showcase the features using a menu item, or to link to a feature directly?

bryan-hadaway

Hmm, sounds tricky... Could we not simply style graphics and text into a page itself as a feature? Give me the image URL and the text you want and I'll see what I can style up. Thanks, Bryan