Sign in to follow this  
thereason

Elements not lining up in Platform Pro

thereason

Here's the link to the site. www.thereasonilove.com as you can see I've masked the fact that things don't naturally line up underneath each other, as in... The header doesn't line up with a picture in the content section below. It seems like there is some type of hidden margin at work. My layout it 1024pixel wide, if I were to post a 1024pixel image, it would line up to the right on the left side and bleed over on the right side of the image. Here's an example. help.jpg Also, when adding something to the sidebars it also doesn't line up. It makes it really hard to do clean looking design. Please help. Again, I've made it work, but I'd love to be able to have problem fixed soon. Thanks, Chris.

bryan-hadaway

` .one-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .one-sidebar-right #container #content, .two-sidebar-right #column-main .mcolumn-pad, .two-sidebar-right #container #content{padding:2em 0 0 !important} body #branding .content-pad { padding: 25px 0 25px 0; } ` I know the code it "cut off", that's fine. Highlight top to bottom all the code and it'll copy it just fine. Add to Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

thereason

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but only part of the problem seems to be fixed. Check this link and you'll see what I mean. The photos don't line up with the top of the menu. How do I fix this? www.thereasonilove.com/blog

bryan-hadaway

I think this what you want: ` body .fullwidth #column-main .mcolumn-pad { padding-left: 0; padding-right: 0; } ` Add this in addition to what I've already had you add. Thanks, Bryan

thereason

Thanks Bryan, It's so very very close. It still looks like it's off by about 2 pixels. Anyway to correct that?

cmunns

The page in question is? It may be fixable, sometimes it's not though as every browser renders padding differently. If the ultimate goal is 0px then it should look the same.