Sign in to follow this  
thoughtsmith

How to remove author information on byline of older posts.

aeonforever

I am also trying to figure this out. I finally found where the single page author-info is located in my theme. platformpro/sections/wp/section.postauthor.php I tried to delete the about the author code part but it ended up moving down my side bar to the bottom of the page and leaving a big gap in my single pages. Do i just delete this file completely? How do i get rid of the author-info on each single page? tyvm. :D

kastelic

You could go into Platform Settings->Blog and Posts and scroll down the the byline info and uncheck what you want to hide.

aeonforever

This only works for the blog posts page or feed, not the single pages separate from the blog. On my "home" page i just have a single post i inserted into the home page, at the bottom of this post is a place for an avatar and it says about the author "authors name" and visit author's website. All the searching i've done tells me to edit various php files but when i go on my server and locate those files it says things such as This theme is Copyright © 2008-2010 Andrew Powers, PageLines.com (andrew AT pagelines DOT com) and doesn't give me the code to remove the about the author section. ty :D

aeonforever

ty for the response Ninja fast. I actually found what i was looking for just now; it's on the individual edit pages to the right where you can hide side bars from whatever template you are using. The author info is there for my single page. tyvm k