Sign in to follow this  
dscouron

Sidebar Widgets in WHP

dscouron

I've noticed what I think to be an error in the sidebar and I can't find anything that I've done to cause this error. When adding a basic TEXT widget to the sidebar and inserting my own html, if I don't give the widget a Title, all widgets under it have incorrect padding. If i give the widget a title, everything is fine. I've checked other widgets and this is only the case in the TEXT widget. with title: gUMWw.jpg without title: HZpBn.jpg

whobody

I've noticed this same thing. I am using iBlog2 while testing the Mingle plug in before hopefully buying iBlog3. There seems to be a bug with text widgets. When I add a widget with a text heading and leave that heading blank, it forces the other widgets below the footer. When I add a second text widget after the first is successfully working with a title, this also sends all following widgets below the footer. What's worse is that is caches? it this way and now my theme is broken with all widgets below the footer except one. Cleared cache/cookies, restarted browser, used a different browser, deleted widgets, nothing clears it up. I'd really like to test on this theme to see if I can make Mingle work with this theme. What should I do? Thanks.

jnoh

The text widget constructor is a bit buggy right now. :/ You'll have to make sure to add a title. My suggestion would be to add the title, and hide it using custom css. Find out the id of the text widget using firebug and insert this code into the custom css code: #[textwidgetID] h3 {display:none} I can help you find the id if you're stuck.

dscouron

Thanks jnoh. That's exactly what I was looking for.

dfmillington

I am having the same issue - I input a title in the widget and if is fixed - temporarily. However, I don't want a title - where do I insert the Code: #[textwidgetID]h3{display:none}

jnoh

you'll want to figure out what the textwidgetID is and then you can put that code in the Custom Code > Custom CSS Code field.

unitedskeeball

On my website I am using eco pro and am having the same issue. I've tried to workaround and can not get it to work. Here is the code I've posted #[text-9] h4 {display:none} and the title is still appearing. Further, adding the title box isn;t even getting rid of the extra spacing / div at the bottom of the text widget box. Help? website htpp://unitedsocialsports.com

bryan-hadaway

A simpler solution if you don't want a title could be to enter: ` ` as the title, that's a blank non-breaking space. Thanks, Bryan