Sign in to follow this  
hypman

W3 total cache - corrupt CSS file?

hypman

Hi I installed w3tc to increase my page speed and it did -77 to 97! Then my site layout started acting up so i asked on the wp forum for advice and eventually i found out that the wp-content/themes/iblogpro/style.css was causing the issue. So ive unchecked that so it no longer minifies but now my page speed is down to 82 again. Is there something i can do to increase it again and hopefully be able to minify all the CSS files? The guy who replied also said maybe i should delete some code. The link to the wp forum is: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-w3-total-cache-w3-total-cache-just-installed-now-site-not-showing-correctly?replies=7#post-1905536 but ive not done that yet.(not sure which file to edit! ) Any advice guys? Thank you

hypman

and now it seems like my feature slide isnt working : (

Andrew

Hey Garry, Its actually better not to minify the CSS or JS in the theme. This is for caching reasons, and it is actually hard to get this working right. Is your feature slide not working with minify on? Its because the JS isn't loading correctly.

hypman

Hi Andrew Does that mean i wont be able to increase the page speed of my site?I think it could be improved though, but how else- can you recommend anything else? So you suggest i should not minify the js and css- ok ill do that. Will that make the drop down menu work again as well? thanks for the help Garry

cmunns

With W3 Total Cache you can actually minify selected files correct. I would simply leave out any files that are breaking when you minify them e.g. dropdowns, features, in both cases that would mean the jquery, but surely you should be able to minify parts of the theme at least?

hypman

Hi If its the css style sheet causing the issues does that mean i would be able to select certain parts of that and minify? thing is i know zero about coding! wouldnt know which bits to try and select or how to get that css sheet in seperate parts thanks

Andrew

Hey Garry, Yes we recommend minifying the HTML just not the JS and CSS. AP