Sign in to follow this  
bellecat

PlatformPro and WordPress

bellecat

Complete beginner here and stumped - I've purchased PlatformPro, downloaded WordPress and have installed it in Hostgator - now what? I have now idea how to access either programs to design my website - I'm not finding the videos very helpful as they assume I know how to access WordPress. Please help.

Guest Guest

Well, I'll try to give you some cliffnotes. If you have in fact successfully installed Wordpress, you can access the backend by visiting www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin and logging in with the username and password you created. Seeing as you just downloaded Wordpress you shouldn't have to upgrade, but just keep an eye at the top of WP-Admin, as it will notify you when updates to WP are available. Now, to install PlatformPro you can go under "Appearance" in the left menu and then go under "Themes". Then you can click on the Install tab at the top, and then press the Upload button and upload the PlatformPro zip file. If you will be using child themes for custom CSS stuff, you should also install Platform Base using the same method. After you install PlatformPro, you can access all the Platform specific settings in the PlatformPro menu that is now in the sidebar on the left. Feel free to ask more specific questions, but that should get you started with WP and PlatformPro. Good luck!

bellecat

Thank you Tyler - excellent advice - can't wait to get started now. I'll be back with more questions, no doubt, however, I now know that I'll be getting terrific service and advice. Cheers.