Sign in to follow this  
eppkris

Homepage different from posts page

eppkris

I love the PlatformPro, but really really miss the option to have a different layout and content for homepage and for general posts page: i.e. use boxes and featured items there and NOT have them visible on posts category archive pages. Some simple coding help would be most welcome! My php skills are somewhere between the "beginner" and "intermediate" :)

makeylon

You could create a new page with your choice of templates. On the page, choose the template at the right hand side. Design it how you want it. Then, go into Wordpress --> Settings --> Reading and where it says Front page displays: Your latest posts A static page (select below) * Front page: * Posts Page: Choose static page, then set Front Page to the new Page you created as your home page. I hope that helps?

eppkris

Thank you for the reply! It would certainly work, if I could get the Page (designated to replace the posts front page) to display latest posts, too, in a a manner a regular posts page does. However, I can't find a place to add content loop area to the template (it displays content/text of the Page, but not a listing of posts). There is surely a plugin, widget or a piece of code I could insert to the page :)) Again, thank you! And I do hope you can help me with this :)