Sign in to follow this  
jmcollett

fancybos, shadowbox in boxes

jmcollett

Hi Guys, I have been failing to secure a working solution for applying fancybox or shadowbox to a picture within the Platformpro Box Options section of the boxes feature. All I am wanting is to place a border or frame around the pictures and maybe apply a redirect. Cheers, Martin

Kate

Hi Martin - Not sure if this would work, but in theory, couldn't you write a jQuery function to grab all of the links you want to be fancybox (or shadowbox) and just change their "rel" attribute (again with JQuery)?

jmcollett

Hey Kate, This may well be the solution, however, I have only a limited idea of how to apply this. Do you have an example that I may learn from or some documentation on the boxes section? I have the fancybox and shadowbox plugins installed, based upon suggestions from your overview documentation; however, they do not provide any integration processes with the Boxed functionality of PagelinePro. I have called the boxset from both the Box and Soapbox sections from within the Page, but have been unable to acquire the desired outcome. [A box around the picture :-)] In fact, the soapbox section provides potential opportunity to add 'class' functionality to the link in the box. I was hoping that this would trigger fancybox and allow the application of a border around the picture. But again, I was unable to activate fancybox or shadowbox from this area, even though the very limited instruction intimates that one can! Is there more information or documentation that I can read about the Boxes and Soapboxes functions PLEASE? I purchased the PagelinePro plugin because it offered a non-technical solution to developing websites and, although I realise this is a new development, it appeared to provide all of the functionality of professional web development for a lesser skilled web creator. It never occurred to me that this powerful solution would be missing basic functionality, as defined above. Indeed, any novice can apply a box around a picture and even include a link that can open into a different tab or window. Anyway, I will leave it here and trust that a solution is imminent. Regards, Martin

cmunns

Martin, you are talking about the box icon right? Also can you provide a link to your site so I can check syntax/progress on this? I would definitely add your suggestions to the sticky thread in this forum for v. 1.3.0 especially about opening links in new tabs with the target attribute. As far as a box around the picture, again is this the icon or an image inside of the box section?

jmcollett

Hey cmunns, The website is www.craftclassroom.com and yes, I am referring to the picture icon inside the box section. Thank you, Martin

cmunns

The basic idea would be this. Open section.boxes.php and find the div that says `

` Then change the code in there to look something like this: ` ` We may also have to force it to read absolute path if the shadow box class doesn't load

jmcollett

Just a couple more questions before I attempt this, if you don't mind please: 1. Is this change global - ie: will it affect very box and make it have a box around it? 2. What happens when an upgrade is introduced? Does the upgrade 'wipe out' this modification?

bryan-hadaway

1. Yes, I would think so. You could add a class and then change the style from page to page using the page id in CSS. 2. Yes, unless you duplicated that section in PlatformBase you need to backup this change to be made again after an upgrade if you decide you need/want to upgrade which really isn't necessary. Thanks, Bryan

jmcollett

Hey Bryan Thank you for your response. I did apply the change, as described by cmunns, as well as transfering to the PlatformBase theme. (as discussed in another topic) Unfortunately, I am still UNABLE to activate a box or frame around the picture and am finding this rather frustrating. What have I done incorrectly? The following website is an example of the type of box framing I am wanting to achieve: http://partylite.com.au/en-au/products/whatsnew/category.aspx Cheers, Martin