Sign in to follow this  
niccolo_tapparo

Platform 1.2.2 SEO H1 duplicated

niccolo_tapparo

Hi, yesterday I updated my blog to platform 1.2.2. When I read the changelog, I appreciated very much "SEO - Post Titles 'H1' on Single Pages". The only problem is that on single post/pages the blog title is still H1. It should be H1 only on main page and it should be switched to H2 on the other pages to prevent duplicate H1.

Kate

Hi Niccol?? - Actually, the reverse was the goal...

niccolo_tapparo

Sorry, but I don't understand... What do you mean with "the reverse was the goal"? The goal was to have post title 'H1' and blog title 'H2', wasn't it?

Kate

My apologies, Niccol??... I didn't read your post carefully enough. You're correct, that shouldn't be happening. You're not using any modified PHP files in your base them by any chance, are you? Because those changes could be overriding what's in platformpro.

niccolo_tapparo

I created a child theme to override template.branding.php. I removed div "icons" and add a leaderboard banner, but I didn't change the call to pagelines_main_logo(). This is function pagelines_main_logo from library.templates.php (v1.2.2). I have just downloaded it from my pagelines account.

function pagelines_main_logo(){ ?>

<?php if(pagelines_option('pagelines_custom_logo')):?>
	              //logo
		<?php else:?>
			<h1 class="site-title">
				/" title="<?php _e('Home','pagelines');?>">
					<?php bloginfo('name');?>

</h1>
			<h6 class="site-description"><?php bloginfo('description');?></h6>
		<?php endif;?>
	<?php }[/code]

As you can see, there's no check for the home page and there's no H2 tag. It should be something like

[code] if(is_home()) { <h1>...</h1> <h6>...</h6> } else { <h2>...</h2> <h6>...</h6> }

but I don't know if this works on Platform.

Andrew

Niccolo, best practice is to have one `h1` and only one on any page in your site.

niccolo_tapparo

Andrew, it's platform that generates two h1, not me. In previous platform versions, post title was h2 and blog title h1. Now post title is h1, but blog title has not been changed, so there are two h1. As you can see in pagelines_main_logo function, there's no check for home page before printing blog title. It's always h1! So, in home page blog title is h1 and post titles h2, but in single pages, they're both h1.

Andrew

Ahh, I see what you're saying. You're right... we'll change the blog title to a lower order.

niccolo_tapparo

All right, thanks. I'll wait for the update!