Sign in to follow this  
johan_somers

Design control and background image problem

johan_somers

Just installed latest platform pro; all ok except I cannot change any colors or background image in Design control. It lets me set colors etc. for all options, but it doesn't get updated, althouhg settings are saved. Any ideas?

violet2667

I am having the same problem. I upload a background image and set it to tile, and only get a black background in fixed-width mode.

violet2667

Ok, well I looked up design control issues in another category in the forum and found a solution, not the best, but it works. Upload your background image and then go to themes and change your theme to the Wordpress default, then back to Platform. The background image will then be applied. Worked fine for me!

johan_somers

That works, but you'll have also do this for each change in design control... not really practical!

Andrew

Ya not practical... we need to see why this issue is being caused. It's only in certain cases. Did you guys deactivate plugins? Still an issue? What browser/OS are you using? Which host are you on?

johan_somers

All plugins deactivated. I'm on XP sp3 and IE8, FF 3.6 - same issues.

johan_somers

This issue is now solved with me. I switched from Windows to Linux server and set the permissions of the dynamic.css file to 666. On Windows, my hosts would not change the permissions. Thanks Pagelines!