Sign in to follow this  
lorenpenner

Magazine Layout not show Full Width Posts

suusdesign

Me too, see on the category page only the clips

bryan-hadaway

Hey Loren, unless you actually edited template.postloop.php we don't need to see the code. Also, the category pages indeed have less kick than your actual blog page respectively. However, the more we see how much everyone is using categories as secondary blogs the more we are focusing on making this better, which has already improved quite a bit. What version of PlatformPro is everyone using? I think eventually what we'll want is a blog template selectable from a page and then an option to feed categories to it. So in other words it will be an exact duplication of the main blog page, just with posts from selected categories. I just researched this, and there are really no plugins suitable for this and some overkill tutorials. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/blog-in-blog/ looked promising, but I've tested and the way we handle categories already is better than this option. So right now, I can't even find anything that handles this better than we already do. But, that doesn't mean it can't get better, so hit this idea up in the Ideas and Feedback forum. Also, if you can't wait; there is the absolute surefire solution: http://mu.wordpress.org/ Thanks, Bryan

cmunns

whether using the latest version or not this can be changed by adding a conditional to the template.postloop.php file like so (line 31) `if(!pagelines_show_clip($count, $paged) || is_admin() || is_category()):` but then you also have both clips and full-width posts so you'd also have to offset the clips for these pages.

techbeak

I'm having this same issue. I have this value set to 5, yet my posts are all half width. Bug?

bryan-hadaway

Marking this for developer review. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

Hey Guys, So currently, as of 1.2, the only posts page designed to show full width is the actual blog front page. All other pages, categories, archives, etc.. are designed to show clips (if in magazine mode)... The good new is this! After PlatformPro 1.3.0 comes out (soon) we plan on working specifically on giving YOU better control on post pages. So we will fix this issue. Until then, the best way to fix this issue may be to override the template or use hooks.

kamibayasi

Regarding Andrew's answer, can anyone give me an instruction of how to override the template or use hooks for the issue being discussed on this forum?

jankowalski
this is done by plugin special recent post

anna_mule
Are there any updates on this issue? I'm having the same problem ??” I'm running a multiuser blog, and want to customize the category page. It seems I can only show post excerpts. See, for example, http://www.wagner.edu/hawktalk/archives/category/erik.