Sign in to follow this  
princealbert

Boxes for particular categories

princealbert

Hi, http://artifact.camille.pro I have a box set name "pied de page" with three boxes. In a Box settings : I put it in Posts Page and 404 Box-Set option. So now when I chose a category my boxes show above the footer. How can we set this box for the categories : "Ateliers", "sport" and "Services" for example. Do we have to modify the section.boxes.php in platformpro sections ? and How ? (I'm not a pro coder!). Thanks, Camille

Guest Guest

When you ask how you can set the box for the categories: ateliers, sport, and services, what do you mean exactly? From the box set menu you can add whatever category you want, and then when you add a new box you can select what category you want the box to go under in the menu on the left on that box edit page. Also, you can select which box set you want to show on an individual page using the platform pro box section options on whatever page you are editing. I hope that answers your question, if not let me know and I can take some screenshots to show you exactly where you can set these options.

princealbert

Hi Tyler, I'm sorry but it is not what I was meaning. If you select on web site the "animations" menu and the "ateliers" tab the box belonging to the box category "pied de page" post up above the footer. Now if you select the "animations" menu and chose the "sports" tab I would like to post up a box belonging to the box category "running" for example. How I do it ? Thanks, Camille

Guest Guest

I hope I'm reading your question right. You can assign different box categories on a page by page basis using the PlatformPro Box Section Options, specifically the select box set to show dropdown. C7KKy.png I hope that's what you're asking, cause that's how I'm interpreting your question.

princealbert

I'm sorry Tyler but we don't talk about the same things ! You talking about page by page section, I'm talking about Posts pages template section. I mean when you chose a category menu "ateliers" for example, I have several posts excerpt showing with the box at a bottom of a content area. I would like to have a different box set showing when I chose a other menu category say it : "sports". To do that behaviour there is no option to set. The only possibility is to set :

Posts Page and 404 Box-Set option
in BOX SETTINGS where you you can tell which boxes set to use. It is not possible to do: category : x show boxes set : y category : w show boxes set : z .... etc Hope you understand what I mean. Thanks, Camille

princealbert

Hi Adam, Thanks for your help. I follow your advise, but I use the wp-category-meta Version 1.2.4 by Eric Le Bail. This is a temporary solution because I post a image instead of box set. web site In a future I really want to get the proper box set define in the admin panel. Is there any relation with Box Page Page Template (page.gamma.php) and what I looking for? Thanks, Camille

catrina

If you're wondering if Box Page Page Template has any relation to what you're trying to achieve with these categories, this is the file that sets up the template for the boxes.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

princealbert

Hi Catrina, Thanks for you help, I don't thinks is what I'm looking for. I 'd like from the new meta category create with the plug-in, retrieve the boxes belonging to a particular box-set, define in the admin panel. Just say for example : when I choose the category "sport" there is a box-set "SportBox" with three boxes to be post above the footer. Any body have ideas to achieve the trick ! Thanks, Camille

princealbert

Meta Name : sel_box Sanitize meta name: yes Meta Type: text Meta Toxonomy: Category When I edit a category, I put the name of a box-set in the text field or leave blank if I don't want any boxes for that particular category.

cmunns

princealbert, I've spoken with Andrew and this sort of category control is going to be added in the future.