Sign in to follow this  
orilus

CSS Rules and Design Control Stopped Working

orilus

I've chimed in on several posts about this issue with solutions ranging from specificity issues to plug-in conflicts and I've tried to resolve by investigating both of these items to no avail. At this point CSS updates are not happening at all. I removed any custom CSS I had inserted completely, and when I save absolutely nothing changes on my website. http://austinhomeshop.com/

kastelic

Could you post an example of some custom CSS code that you tried and we can give suggestions on why its not working?

orilus

I think I just figured something out. I deleted previous Platformpro updates in the Appearance > Themes menu and I now have CSS functionality. Not sure why that made a different, but it did. Thanks!

orilus

FYI... I still have to reactive the default wordpress theme and go back to platformpro 1.2.2 for the changes to take place.

kastelic

Are you using the base child theme, and if you are, is the theme folder named exactly "platformbase" ?

johan_somers
FYI... I still have to reactive the default wordpress theme and go back to platformpro 1.2.2 for the changes to take place. .
I am having exactly the same problem. Using platform pro latest version and the design control changes do not get updated. Switching themes does the trick, but surely there must be a solution...

Andrew

@Johan, did you investigate plugin conflicts?

johan_somers

I de-activated them all, but the design control settings are still not updated when I change them... so that was no help I'm afraid.

Andrew

@johan, go ahead and send us some WP login credentials and even FTP credentials (to test code) ... This is a rare issue, but it may be some environmental issue we haven't considered in development. (we need to duplicate it)

johan_somers

Andrew, I've sent you guys an email with login details (no ftp).

bryan-hadaway

Hold tight, more help on the way. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

@Johan, I checked out your site... and duplicated the issue. The only thing is; I don't know why this issue is present in some installs and not others. Will need to test code to get a lock on the cause.

thomas02

I believe we are having the same issues as well. Mind you my wife and I are the one doing it and completely new to WP, but it seems every we are having issues doing any CSS as well.

johan_somers

@ Andrew: I did a brand new install on another site and another server and got the same issues. Also with an upgrade from 1.1.5 I'm having the same prob...

Andrew

@Paul, you are having a plugin conflict my friend. Deactivate them and isolate it.

thomas02

Ahhh got that one down.... thanks so much, Now to just figure out if there is an issue with CSS, or my likely the problem is me. Thanks again.

outspokennyc
FYI... I still have to reactive the default wordpress theme and go back to platformpro 1.2.2 for the changes to take place.
Having the exact problem here too. Only when I deactivate and re-activate, design changes update. Please let me know if we find a fix for this. Thanks!

Andrew

Important: Can anyone that is having problems saving 'dynamic CSS' post your host and any other applicable information about your hosting environment? We've isolated this down to an issue with creating the CSS using an AJAX request. In some environments its just not working.

Andrew

Took a look at a couple installs with this type of issue.. The reasons were: 1. An issue with the layout builder. The builder needed to be reset. Fixed the issue. 2. A file permissions issue. Make the dynamic.css file is set to `666` ...

makeylon

Could this issue have anything to do with a Windows based server? I'm actually now having this issue on my development server (which is windows based). Yes Andrew, the same install as the one I was having problems with the "broken" options/setting page.

bryan-hadaway

@Everyone - This issue has been fixed, please check your LaunchPad accounts for the newest release and please go over upgrading: http://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php http://www.pagelines.com/docs/upgrading @Mark - Windows servers will cause you much more problems than this. Windows servers are not a good environment for modern/standards compliant websites. See my recommendations here: http://pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1631 Thanks, Bryan

makeylon

Bryan, I know. Unfortunately, it is what I have to work with. I'm about to give up on it and tell my partners to just switch to a linux server. I really don't like windows servers... lol. Um, the changelog is still 1.2.2. Is there a more recent update? (It would be nice to show the current version on the launchpad)

Andrew

@Mark is your server running in safe mode? (PHP)