Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomas

Making Twitter, Facebook, etc Icons Open in New Window

Rob Thomas

Why is there no option to open Twitter, Facebook, etc as "target="_blank" or can someone tell me how to hack the code to allow this functionality for the icons at the top of the page under the Header and Navigation menu. This is a BASIC functionality that most clients want. Why is it not built into iBlogPro 4? I am having the same problem with the Carousel images, which take the user away from my site. I find it troubling that no one has corrected this in the build of this product because, again, it should be BASIC to the product. I am supposed to launch today. MY entire website was built for free and is solely to help an artist out, but it is still disconcerting that I can't easily change something like this with an option under Header and Navigation.

shaznyc

I am having the same problem with the Carousel flickr page. I would like flickr to open in another window. Surely there must be a fix for this.

Rob Thomas

Sharron, I have had the same problem with carousel and it remains unresolved in another thread on this forum. I just wrote to PageLines. It is a mistake that they launched this product (which is so great in other aspects) without this functionality. I mean, it is BASIC that people want their users to remain on their site and not leave. This is a flaw in the software.

Andrew

@Robert @Sharron The WebDev "best practices" say that: The `target="_blank"` attribute shouldn't be used (or should be used sparingly) as it presumes user intent... In fact, it doesn't even validate in HTML 4 Strict. (for that very reason) in iBlogPro you can just edit the `_iconlinks.php` file to fix this... with FlickrRSS we can probably patch to fix this at some point.