Sign in to follow this  
profellow

PlatformPro CSS Hierarchy

profellow

Hi there, I was wondering if there's any documentation available for how the PlatformPro them and PlatformPro base child theme interact. I'd like to make several modification to the .css and .php in my blog but the literature I've found on the web isn't in line with how things work within this theme. my website: http://www.profellow.com Thanks, Ryan

Andrew

Hey Ryan, THe customization you add to Base take precedence over the original ones in Platform... Simply add your customizations to the Base functions.php and base.css files and you're good to go. Have you reviewed the PageLines docs?

profellow

Yes, I've read all of the docs. I understand the base theme custom css concept as well. The issue I have is that I don't know which classes to call because I don't know what they're called. I figured I could find them in the platformpro css, but I've rooted through there as well and have been left scratching my head.

kastelic

Get Mozilla Firefox and the Firebug extension. This will allow you to see which classes are affecting any given element.

profellow

I have that too... I guess I was hoping for something more concrete from a documentation perspective (sigh).

bryan-hadaway

No to worry Ryan, this is what you want: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/changing-colors-fonts With this method you can hover over anything and get the id or class and even test changes live before actually making them. The basic breakdown is: #header #maincontent #sidebar #footer I'm sure you had that figured though :). Thanks, Bryan