Sign in to follow this  
njumara

Platform Pro in Internet Explorer turns black

njumara

Hi, Everything is working great with platform pro except displaying in IE. The white background goes completely black. I did a validation at w3c and got this response It tells me that I have html5 and that I passed with one warning. It does not offer any errors or how to fix them. Does anyone know where I should start to fix this problem? Thanks again, Nick

Andrew

Doesn't look like a direct markup mistake... maybe a css problem (some rules aren't compatible with IE) can you post a screen of what you're seeing in IE?

njumara

Hi, A screenshot can be viewed here. It seems to also be having trouble with layout order (not sure if that is the right term) i.e. buddy press login is on the bottom of the page. Widgets and footer stuff is listed out of order, etc. Thanks for your help, Nick

cmunns

I just checked it out in IE7 and it looks completely normal. What version were you having issues with?

njumara

It's really old. It's version 6 something. I'm updating to see if that fixes it. I don't mind personally because I never use it but our site is based in China and many people still swear by it. It just won't die. Any thoughts on what I should do? Besides convincing a billion people to change their browsers. Thanks, nick

bryan-hadaway

Classic IE6 :). Try: `body, #site, #page{background:#fff}` in Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

njumara

You guys are great. Seriously, I usually don't like forums much because I can't find the answers I need, but this is good because it's like the exact opposite of that. Literally, the opposite. Again, thanks.