Sign in to follow this  
creativelearning

Blog Window Title?

creativelearning

Ok, currently I have a static front page and a blog page selected under Reading in my Wordpress settings. However when I go to the blog page is lists as "Name of Website - Blog" and it is not using the name of the page selected under the Reading settings. I don't know if this is a Pagelines questions but I have searched a setting to change the Blog name but cannot find one. I have also searched in the forum but do not see anyone else with the same problem. Would you happen to know where this is changed?

kastelic

Under Settings, General you have the Site title and tagline boxes.

creativelearning

Yes, I have tried changing this but the page set as "Blog" under reading still says "Blog" on the window page title. Any other ideas?

Guest Guest

Maybe you could clarify something for me, cause I'm not sure I'm following the issue you are having. Are you saying that the title of the page is showing up as something different than the name you designated when you actually created the page? Is the title of the page you created to be your blog something other than blog?

creativelearning

I am referring to the window title. The information at the top of a window when you are browsing the internet. In HTML it would be named with <title>My Window</title> tag.

christiankramer

I have a similar problem: How can I expand the title tag in a format like "pagename - blog title"?

cmunns

Most SEO plugins will allow you to change this information along with pretty much any other meta description that exists.

creativelearning

Is there a way to hardcode this information?

cmunns

In the core of Platform there is a library.templates.php file with this; ` /* Title Metatag */ echo "n"; if( pagelines_bbpress_forum() ){ bb_title(); }elseif(pagelines_is_buddypress_page()){ bp_page_title(); }else{ if(is_front_page()) { echo get_bloginfo('name'); } else { wp_title(''); } } echo "n"; ` which you could change, but I really think this objective is best served with a simple plugin.

creativelearning

I have tried the SEO plugin and it will not change it along with others. I'm at a lost as to why anything assigned as the "Posts page:" under Settings ~ Reading will not use the page title but will default to "Blog." Any other ideas?

bryan-hadaway

I am surprised this topic was not resolved quicker, very very easy: - Install and activate (activate from the plugins settings page itself as well after normal activation): http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/ - For probably 9 out of 10 people the structure will already be perfect, SEO wise it is really good - Now, if you don't like the structure you can restructure it in the plugins settings and you can even alter the title manually page/post by page/post when editing that individual page/post you'll find the fields to set the title exactly the way you want This is the very best and most appropriate solution. Please, let's not divert from the solution. Instead if you need further help and clarification on how to use it properly that's fine. Thanks, Bryan

creativelearning

This worked! However perhaps the question may be why this needs to be done through plugin? Maybe it is the theme that is calling the wrong information...