Sign in to follow this  
buffalo777

Info from Calendar hiding under sidebar

buffalo777

I installed My Calendar plugin from Wordpress and it works great However, the pop info bubbles for the last day of the week seem to cut off when they get to the side bar area. They go beyond the content area and disappear. This what the plugin developer said: "There??™s about a 99% probability that this is because the content container on your site has the CSS direction "overflow: hidden;" set. You can usually remove this direction without any damage to your web site, although I can??™t promise that it won??™t have consequences." Does this sound correct to anyone? If so, how do I find the CSS code they are referring to? I am using StationPro and my website is: www.lifetreemn.com

catrina

It's possible that that is the problem. The content container CSS that you should add to disable this "overflow: hidden" property is this one (which you add to the Custom CSS area):

#hcontain {overflow: visible;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

buffalo777

Catrina I will give that a try...where is the content area code where I should add this? Sorry to need such basic help...

kastelic

In your Platform Pro Settings, under "custom code" there's a box for custom css.

buffalo777

Hi Catrina I tried the code and it didn't work. Any other thoughts?

Andrew

well, `.hentry {overflow:hidden;}` will fix your issue; not sure if you want to do that globally however. Maybe `.page-id-21 .hentry {overflow:hidden;}`

buffalo777

Hi Andrew I sense I am almost there but need a little more advice... the permalink for my page is: http://lifetreemn.com/calendar How do I identify the "page-id"? I really appreciate your help on all of my questions

buffalo777

Andrew I just tried your first option and that didn't work so not sure if the other one specifying the specific page will work either. Is there any other option or idea?

Kate

@Tom Try this:

.page-id-21 .copy{padding:0px !important;}

Not sure that's what you're going for or not. But, hopefully it gets you in the right direction.

buffalo777

Hi Kate I am a newbie so I apologize for asking a dumb question but... when you have "page-id-21" do I use the specifically or should I substitute those words/numbers with the permalink?

buffalo777

Kate Nevermind the previous post. I realized I use the code just as you wrote it. However, your code is for the padding. I am not trying to change the padding around the calendar. The events on Saturday (the date to the furthest right on the calendar) have a small popup window when you click on them. The popup windows are partially hidden under the right side bar area. I do not use sidebars but there is an area of black on both the right and the left of the screen. It is this area where the event is hiding under...I think. All I know is I can't see it. I tried Catrina and Andrew Powers code samples they gave me and neither work. Ideas?

bryan-hadaway

Hi Tom, we understand the issue. We're trying workarounds. Copy and paste our code as is and paste to Custom Code > Custom CSS. Have you tried all the code provided, no success? Have you contacted the plugin author, any response? Thanks, Bryan

buffalo777

Hi Bryan I contacted the plugin author several days ago but no response. I used all of the code but no luck. After your last message I went ahead and reapplied the code which Andrew Powers gave me. It didn't work. It makes sense, not sure why. btw, great theme, I love it! Let me know what you find out Thanks

cmunns

Ultimately you will need to find a way to resize the calendar itself.

buffalo777

I just decided to go with the Google calendar instead. I would prefer the plugin I was using because it is easier to use instead of Google (because it is in the Wordpress menu). Thanks for your help! Catrina, you responded first so i gave you the best answer! Thanks!