Sign in to follow this  
inov8ed

Custom sizes and more control over header social media icons

seainmyeyes

@Catrina: REF:2. It doesn't matter whether it's an image or text, but text would be faster to implement since you don't have to create the image. Where do you want it to be placed (above the icons, below, etc.)? Can u plz help me how can I add 2 words (text, language selector) one above other, all above existing icons? THX

seainmyeyes

I find a solution! (ignore my previous post) ThX!

inov8ed

Since this post popped up, I should mention that what I ended up doing was removing all the social media icons, then adding a widget in the same area and using Social Media Widget to add the icons. That widget is great and ended up doing exactly what I wanted. http://www.inov8-ed.com -Adam

admin_nd

Adam @i8 How did you get Twitter feed to show as weekly posts? I like your site.

inov8ed

Hi Nancy, Thanks for the comment! We use a plugin called Twitter Tools. It can pull in a Twitter feed as a daily or weekly post. Its pretty good, but it is pretty clear development has stalled on it, so if something doesn't work right, don't expect it to change. :-) There are some other ones out there that will pull in feeds too. -Adam

puro

Hey Adam! Awesome work with your site, looking really good. I'm wondering how did you get the Social Media Widget up in the branding area of your site? I couldn't figure out a way to do that, help would be appreciated! Thanks! Joonas

inov8ed

Hi Joonas, I basically added a Universal Sidebar Widget above the branding and then used custom CSS to style it to the location on the top right that I wanted. -Adam

puro

Hi Adam! Thanks for your quick answer. However, if you have the time, I would really appreciate if you elaborated a bit on how exactly can you add a widget above the branding area? I couldn't find a way to do this myself. - Joonas

inov8ed

Joonas, Go to the PlatformPro Template settings and edit the Site Header. Then drag over the "Universal Sidebar" block to the top area. Then whatever you put in the Universal Sidebar in the Widgets area will appear on the top of your site on every page. Then you can use CSS to style it to however you want it to look... -Adam

admin_nd

Could you explain "edit the Site Header?"

inov8ed

Hi Nancy, Just make sure the template you are editing is selected in the drop down menu. Choose "site header" and you will have the option of dragging the universal sidebar over from the right side to the left to activate it. -Adam

avidowl
A concise roundup of most of the above discussion can be found here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/7922/how-to-customise-social-icons./p1 It includes the CSS you'd need to put into the Custom CSS section.