Sign in to follow this  
carolinedunn

All my formatting is lost when I upgrade to 1.2.2

carolinedunn

Hello, I have been using PlatformPro 1.1.5 and have tried to upgrade - first to 1.2.1 and then to 1.2.2. In both cases I lose ALL the formatting on my site. My content and images are still there but everything else is lost - the way the page is set out (becomes one long page), the fonts, the carousel etc - everything! I have had to put 1.1.5 back on as it is far too ugly to leave up to show you. Do you have any suggestions as to what might be the cause? I am not terribly experienced with CSS and there are currently no customisations to CSS. I would love to get the ew version up and running - it looks great! Please help! Thanks, Caroline

cmoeser

Hello Caroline,

the way the page is set out (becomes one long page), the fonts, the carousel etc
You're talking about the backend right? I had the same and got it to work with a SHIFT + F5 in the browser. Seems to me likea caching issue. The other issue you describe sounds to me like you have customized the delivered PLATFORMPRO CSS not the one within the child theme. As far as I got the entire PLATFORMPRO to work is by installing platformpro, installing and using the PLATFORMPRO BASE (theme) afterwards. All customizations are than done inside the BASE theme, which keeps all your stuff save. In case you can't verify this you might possibly do it this way: 1) make a backup of your platformpro 1.1.5 (copy it to a new location after disabling it, or enabling a temp. theme) 2) install the new version 3) install the PLATFORMPRO BASE child theme (check your launchpad) 4) copy the PLATFORMPRO CSS into the location of the PLATFORMPRO BASE (maybe a renaming is required). The location is /wp-content/themes/platformbase/base.css. This base.css is called at very last and should therefore overwrite the current css. All new css should still be called tho. (Make a copy of base.css as well). This should fix you problem, at least until some of the devs can reply. Cheers Chris

misterfunk74

Hello, I have the same problem. Chris, where can I find the platfompro base child theme? What does it mean "check your lauchpad"? Thanks, Filippo

misterfunk74

Uuups... Found it! Sorry for the dummy question.

Andrew

@caroline, it shouldn't effect anything... how did you do your customizations? if you used the options and the child theme; you should be good to go

carolinedunn

Hi All, Thanks for all your responses but I am still not having any luck. I have not actually made any CSS customisations on my site. I am having probs with the front end of my site not just the backend (tho that is one long page, too!). I have tried following the steps suggested by Christian-Sascha above but when I install the Base theme it reverts to version 1.0.4 - not sure if I am missing the point here! I don't really understand what is being suggested in step 4. Sorry, I know you are all trying to help and I seem to be missing something - bit of a CSS dummy. Every other time I have upgraded to a new version I have had no probs. I have loaded the new version onto a subdomain to show you what I mean - this is essentially what my site looks like when I use 1.2.2 except that all my images and content are still there. http://test.bunchmedia.com/ Help! Thanks, Caroline.

catrina

Christian-Sascha's Step 4:

copy the PLATFORMPRO CSS into the location of the PLATFORMPRO BASE (maybe a renaming is required). The location is /wp-content/themes/platformbase/base.css. This base.css is called at very last and should therefore overwrite the current css. All new css should still be called tho. (Make a copy of base.css as well).
What he means by this is for you to copy the CSS into the base.css file, which is located in
/wp-content/themes/platformbase/base.css

(in your folder). This is the file that overwrites the other CSS styling in the website.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

carolinedunn

Thanks for your response Catrina but could you explain exactly what I am copying when you say copy the CSS (i.e. from where)? Sorry - just learning! And I really appreciate all the help cause I am actually learning heaps. Cheers, Caroline.

cmunns

All your CSS files are actually blank. I would try reinstalling, it looks like a possible incomplete installation.

carolinedunn

Hurrah! Fixed. Thanks so much for all your help everyone.

cedarroot

I have the same problem. My website is has gone from full width to everything narrowing, now completely screwed up. need help fast

tunatraffic

I had the same problem update from 1.1.4 and 1.2 to 1.2.3 I am having no luck solving the problem with any of the solutions. I am using the developer edition. Mike