Sign in to follow this  
timandrew

iBlogPro3 feature in post page

timandrew

A while back I asked about putting the feature swapper above posts on home page here's indx.php

global $pagelines;

?>
	<?php get_header(); ?>

<?require(PRO.'/template_feature.php');?>
	<div id="left-col">
		<div id="content">

<?php require(LIB.'/_posts.php');?>

</div> <!-- end content -->
	</div> <!-- end left col -->

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
	<?php get_footer(); ?>

However the features don't swap and the 1,2,3 buttons don't appear. I reset to default, wiped the database, overwrote all the iBP3 theme files via ftp, but it still doesn't work, nor do the right sidebar widgets appear, or change if I add. The sidebar widgets didn't work even before adding the mod. Where do I go from here? It's a test installation http://more.yellowwheels.com Thanks

Andrew

Most likely you are getting a Javascript error that is preventing the feature from working.. Do you have FireBug installed? It will help you find these issues.

timandrew

OK thanks I'll download that and see if that finds the problem

timandrew

Downloaded and played with firebug, but can't say I know what I'm doing despite looking as scripts etc. It's clear that the html for the 1,2,3 navigation is not loading if you look at the page source.

<div class="fmedia">
																				</div>
									<div class="clear"></div>
								</div>
																																																								</div>
				<div class="hl"></div>
				<div id="feature-footer" class="fix">
					<div id="featurenav"></div>

</div>
				<div class="clear"></div>

[/code]

I re-uploaded the JS folder of the WP installation and iBP3 just in case, but that didn't help. If there aren't any more suggestions I'll nuke the entire WP installation and start from scratch

jnoh

You'll want to edit the header.php file in a few places to make sure the js for the featurediv is included. Make these edits(bold):

<?php if(is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-full.php') [b]|| is_home()[/b]):?><script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo JS_FOLDER;?>/jquery.cycle.all.js"></script><?php endif;?>
	<?php if((is_page_template('page-feature.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-stdpage.php') || is_page_template('page-feature-full.php') [b]|| is_home()[/b]) && VPRO) require (PRO.'/init_feature.php');?>

timandrew

Many, many thanks - slotting in

|| is_home()

as above did the trick: way too technical for me to work out, but I can copy and paste ;-)

timandrew

Update: I applied this mod to my live site now it's a great way of keeping important posts upfront. You have to manually enter the text and hyperlinks for the posts you want to highlight but at the same time that makes it flexible as you can put anything you like in there as long as you are happy to type html....Thanks to this forum! live site: www.yellowwheels.com

timandrew

I've found a flaw in this: the javascript is not loading on a tag or category page. What do I need to add to header.php to cure this? Thanks