Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

PlatformPro 1.3.0 Development

tjrutkowski

I would love to be able to add ALT tags to any image. Specifically, the boxes need ALT tag capabilities. When working to meet accessibility standards for site readers, tags are extremely important for images.

Andrew

@Mark - Good point, handling of CSS files is of huge importance and consideration. Design and performance wise we are actually leaning more towards a larger amount of CSS files that are loaded in selectively... (its what they do at Facebook) @Jon - we have much in store this way, probably after the 1.3 release though @TJ - Good point, we'll look at it.

irusamja

It would be great to add a hook under the header before content.. something like pagelines_loop_post_header_end If I show featured post image along with post title in the Main Content there is a big space under the post title so if would be great to be able to use this space to insert something like facebook like button or something else...

agileapricot

Make the superfish CSS override-able. Perhaps it already is but i'd like an easy documented way to disable and replace it.

organicman

I also would love to see Robert Campell's suggestion, a menu color/CSS panel built into the Settings. We should be able to control all aspects of the menu from a settings panel, including color of not just fonts but backgrounds, left, center or right justify, etc. The main navigation, for example, should be independently formatable from all other elements. Having to work out the custom CSS for this and add it to our custom CSS file is tedious work and hard for newbies to say the least.

galsterer

Different language support, I can see in the forum how many people have problems with this, inclusive myself. A german language support would be great, I could help you with the translation.

galsterer

Drag and drop as a standard feature when canging the order of the features, boxes .. so we don't need the plugin ...

galsterer

by the way, PlatformPro is the best template I ever worked with, thank you for your great work.

cshoffmann

Requests:

• Option to line primary menu to the right of logo in branding area.
  • Flickr Social Icon

• Social Icon images need higher resolution and formatting needs to not show the hover image when not active. would like a series of icon styles to choose from
  • a hidden drop down widget area that would be hidden until the user selects to show it

• having issues with custom code within the base active. started happening after pro upgrade to 1.2.2
  • would like to be able to control transparency of certain areas within design control

Overall, Platform Pro is the cornerstone of my business! Thank you! I am hooked!

Andrew

@Bernd - Thanks... have you tried PoEdit and Codestyling localization? (or WPML) they really help you translate :) @Shaun - re: issue. Try upgrading to 1.2.3 it fixes the css load order. You're probably having issues with specificity

cas45

I have a few requests that are not mentioned here or I would like to expand upon. I would like to expand on adding menu styling to the design control panel. I would like to be able to control the jquery animation of the menus, delay, opacity, height etc. I think a wireframe graphic of the different frameworks would be useful for newbies in the design control section. I would also like to be able to type exact numbers in the layout editor as well as be able to change the page margin. I would like an expanded google fonts section perhaps with the ability to add the tags that the fonts should be assigned to. I will also echo the ability to add the feature section and others without pushing down the sidebar. I like to be able to add Facebook scraper images in the global options. I often use white PNG logos not great for facebook, adding an alternative image or two would be great. Being able to add pages to the carrousel should have been at the top of this list. I would love to be able to use the carrousel as an alternative form of page navigation. Custom templates would be great as well. Putting the social network icons in a section would be great so they could be added anywhere. Andrew I have been loving this framework you and the team keep up the great work. Thanks

dustinfaddis

I echo both of Sam's suggestions, 1: "It would be nice to be able to move and further customize the social media icons that are currently placed in the top right of the theme. Things like adding some text like: "Follow us at:" etc., as well as being able to relocate the icons."[end of sam quote 1] I haven't gotten into using the highlight or call out feature, but allowing the callout "button" to have a pop up box when clicked, which displayed a gravity form would be awesome. Detailed Customized placement of that call out button would be slick. Sam's second suggestion, ""DOCUMENTATION! Thorough and extensive documentation would be nice." I perceive that you have been working hard on building the theme. Even in the midst of making it "drag & drop", learning how the variables/tools within the theme interact and understanding the theme structure takes time to learn. As you have probably experienced some of the seemingly obvious answers to newbie questions, you are probably spending a good amount of time tending to the forum. I think that a more refined forum layout will help to communicate the type of learning that is needed for beginners and non-educated "developers". As more repeated and problem specific questions come up, some of the solid answers and resources will be harder to obtain. Allowing members to contact each other outside the forum would be helpful. I've spent considerable time having to dig through the forum to find how to implement the type of customization with plugin integration that PL offers. As you are probably aware, the variations for customizing with the suggested plugins have created the need for unique solutions. Providing specific documentation for these type of unique problems/solutions will be helpful. E.g.: Setting up PageNavi when using Full-Width/Magazine Layout Mode How to Remove Excerpt from the Full-width Post on "Posts Page" :how to modify template.postloop.php (those are examples of problems I am still trying to figure out) If some integrations and fixes are underway, a Post on the Forum: ???Things to Come in Update 1.3??? or ???Things We are Working On??? which includes an itemized list will ease some user anxiety/confusion. Although,This type of communication is ???extra work???, I believe that it is a tribe leadership tool that will keep your product flourishing & spreading. A Document that is a "Cheat Sheet" for informing people about ???if...then??¦??? scenarios would be helpful. Such tool can be developed by careful attention to the problems that have been already presented on the forum. These scenarios can be placed within a category titled: Solutions to Common Customization Roadblocks In my experience, The best example of documentation for helping new users learn How to use their system is MailChimp. I know I'm pushing the documentation suggestion, I understand that it's difficult to create a generalized system that works for everyone. Once you've created that system and know how it works; it seems even more difficult to teach others How to work it. It??™s a difficult task to step out of your frame of mind and into someone else??™s frame of mind. I think some more refined option settings on the forum will lighten your load. Then again, I really have no idea what load you are actually carrying; I'm just speaking from my observation/experience from interacting on the forum. Thanks for opening up to feedback and suggestions for improvement. I am really pleased with the product that you have developed. I couldn??™t have gotten this far without it! I think your team is intelligently-developing a quality product that will last lifetimes. Cheers, Dustin

reubenleeb

Hmmm. -Being able to save New templates from the templates we make -being able to specify diff feature heights on diff pages -ability to add add'l "Feature Text Positions" ? ( see: topic: Add'l Feature text position options -ability to have add'l "box" sets on same page with diff box counts +++ one set would allow 2 boxes w/diff heights for set +++ another box set on same page would allow 5 boxes w/diff heights for set -ability to use html AND short codes (at the same time) in the "Feature Media HTML " section -ability to extend the background color and/or background image to the entire width of the webpage for the Feature section(s) (this way, I could have a red bar (or texture) fill the background for entire width of that section) -ability to extend the background color and/or background image to the entire width of the webpage for the Header Sections (this way, I could have a black bar (or texture) fill the background for entire width of that section) -ability to place nav bar anywhere for each page -a better way to change the nav bar colors With preset color schemes as a starting point -Be able to center the nav bar -Be able to center the features' nav bar oooohhh....What would be really awesome is a better intergration of the eMember plugin that . (Cuurently, when the plugin is activated, it does strange things to the Pageline CSS look and feel. ...All in all though, this is a very cool framework. I've used ( and still use ) the Thesis Theme Framework. It basically does what Pagelines does BUT Pagelines is "Drag & Drop"!!! Which makes it completely awesome. I like that ability from Pagelines while still being able to "tweek" the motor a bit when needed. Nice. : ) If I had t pick my top 5 wish items from above, it would be: -Being able to save New templates from the templates we make -being able to specify diff feature heights on diff pages -ability to add add'l "Feature Text Positions" ? ( see: topic: Add'l Feature text position options (Or, you guys just add add'l text positions like: -text overylay center covering full width of feature -smaller header and content font when needed -etc... -ability to use html AND short codes (at the same time) in the "Feature Media HTML " section -ability to extend the background color and/or background image to the entire width of the webpage for the Feature section(s) (this way, I could have a red bar (or texture) fill the background for entire width of that section) -ability to extend the background color and/or background image to the entire width of the webpage for the Header Sections (this way, I could have a black bar (or texture) fill the background for entire width of that section) -a better way to change the nav bar colors With preset color schemes as a starting point -oh yeah, being able to specify the transition speed to the next slide for each feature, not just a global slide fade speed. +++ with the ability ok,...that is like 8 or so.... LOL. I think I even added a couple. :) Anyway, thx big time. Great, Great product. : D

MrFent

Move the Custom CSS window to the top of of Custom Code screen. Also, allow user to be able to expand the CSS window in all browsers. Chrome will allow me to do this, but IE & Firefox won't.

jonny41891

menu description support would be pretty cool