Sign in to follow this  
intellagentz

Post Pages Template

intellagentz

In the template, you have the option to add the Features section in the template setup. However, when you go to the Blog Post page and set up a specified feature set from the drop down, I note that ALL features are displayed. Is there a reason for this?

Guest Guest

Hmm, I just tested this out and you're right I am also having issues with the features section when adding the feature box to the post page template. I made a test feature set with one slide and tried to set that as the specified feature set but its defaulting to the original. I even tried changing the page template on the blog page itself to the feature template for example, and I sill had the same issue. This doesn't appear to be happening on other pages. Odd... I'll do a bit more digging and see what I can come up with. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Guest Guest

Hmm, it seems that you can't set the template in the page attributes on the posts page, it will automatically default to the post page template no matter what. I'm a bit stumped on this one to be honest, perhaps this should be submitted as a bug report? I have duplicated the issue on my test server, so unless someone else has any ideas I've got nothing.

intellagentz

Tyler, I've tried all those combinations as well. Based on the same steps, I think it appears that when you define the Blog post page in Wordpress Reading settings, then it defaults to the Pagelines Post Pages template. In other words, even if you select the Features section as the template via the Pagelines interface, it does not over-ride the fact that Wordpress sees it as the PostPage. That might present the inherent "bug" or flaw because I understand it, in order to properly render the Feature "Set" options, you have to designate the corresponding Feature template section. Hopefully Adam/Andrew can chime in here

intellagentz

Further to the above, the same pattern occurs when I attempt to add the "Soapbox" section to the PostPages page template...ie, ALL defined Boxes appear even though I only selected a specific set. Seems to be a glitch

bryan-hadaway

Can we get a link to the page in question. Thanks, Bryan

intellagentz
http://www.learn2monetize.com/hvr/blog/ So, with respect to the Features you see, I chose a feature set called "Blog-Header" which only included the first slide you see. I also limited the number of features to "1", to be sure. As you can see, all features I've currently created are displayed. I also set the Template page attribute to "Feature Page". I also adjusted The Post Pages template to include the Features section as well.

intellagentz

Just wanted to follow up with support on this issue. Any ideas on this?

cmunns

There is actually an option in the Platform Settings - Feature Settings that you need to select the Posts/404 page feature set since the posts page does not accept page meta data. The same applies for the Box Settings Panel.

intellagentz

Sweet! ...and I see the same applies for Box settings as well.

intellagentz

Quick follow up though...is there a way to set a specific height for a specific feature set?

jiznakefoo

I'm having a similar issue - I can get the correct feature image to show up on the blog home & individual post pages BUT if I have auto-play enabled for the site's HOME page (which I need) then the individual POST pages auto-play also, but not the blog home page itself. Is there a way to enable auto-play for ONLY the home page? here's the site in question: The main site HOME page The BLOG HOME page Individual POST Page #edit - sorry, just saw the notes, would you like me to move this to a new thread or is it still related enough?