Sign in to follow this  
ibeehappy2

Unable to Add Google Maps

ibeehappy2

I am unable to add Google Maps or any html widgets etc., on this site with PlatForm Pro. Not having this issue with any of my other pro WordPress themes: http://skiandsurf.ca/about Cannot add code for Google Maps, or Snow Report plugin, etc. Basically I cannot insert the code into either a page or a text widget. It just disappears.

siso

As far as inserting a google map in to a post, I've found I have to copy the embed code and paste it in to my post / page while in HTML mode -- as when "Visual" mode (within wordpress) is selected, the code seems to get messed up... and be careful when you click back to Visual (ever), as it will get messed up again.

ibeehappy2

Yes, I did that, many times. I know to put it into HTML and not into visual. Does not work. Thanks for trying.

Andrew

Have you deactivated your plugins?

ibeehappy2

I tried deactivating plugins, deleting plugins and re-installing one at a time. I don't have these issues with any other pro theme, including the several blogs I own, running on other PageLines themes. I'm not a total newbie, just cannot get this Platform Pro working

ibeehappy2

I cannot cut and paste code into a page, or into an text HTML widget, neither. For example, a basic Google Map, which I have installed successfully on other WordPress sites/blogs with no problem

ibeehappy2

Why do you not fix the theme or why did U put it out with this bug if U R aware it is a problem? It's basic, being able to add a Google Map. Very frustrating, how many times I had to try. Will that fix work with installing plugins and code for Snow Report, Surf Report, Weather, as well?

Andrew

This isn't a problem with the theme. It is WordPress or plugin related.

ibeehappy2

Don't understand or agree. It's a simple cut and paste of basic code (Google Map) into either a page (in your theme Platform Pro) or a post (in your theme Platform Pro) or one of your (Platform Pro) text/html widgets. I can cut and paste Google Maps code into any of my other pro WordPress themes. What should I do? Really need a map on this site.

kastelic

There is no reason a Google map shouldn't be able to be pasted in. In fact I just did it in Platform Pro with no problems. Can you give more details? Do you have any javascript or other custom code that could conflict? Did you try it with all plugins deactivated? Is there anything out of the ordinary about your installation at all?

siso

Just wanted to say I also have no problems embedding google maps in Platform Pro -- so it would seem to be a problem laying outside of Platform Pro.

ibeehappy2

I give up. I've asked for support, not people telling me there is no problem and nothing wrong with it.

ibeehappy2

Paul and Jimmy, what are the links to your sites with Platform Pro and Google maps embedded, and what process did you use, where did you install them? On a page? In a post? In a widget? Thanks. This issue is NOT resolved, Pagelines please do not mark it as resolved until it is resolved.

ibeehappy2

Well, after many many weeks, finally got a Google Map embedded, not where I wanted, which was in a sidebar widget, but at least it worked: http://skiandsurf.ca/contact Had to do all of your above recommendations and just the regular embed, cut and paste did not work no matter what, had to use the plugin.