Sign in to follow this  
excelim

Emulate EcoPro look in Platform Base

excelim

Hiya - I love the look of the EcoPro theme, just can't do all I was hoping for in the same manner as with Platform Base. Is there a quick and easy way to customize base to look like ecopro? Thanks!

Kate

Hey Adam - If you're comfortable with CSS then I suppose it could be "quick and easy". But, it'll take some customization. Down the road our other themes will be compatible with PlatformBase as child themes. So, stay tuned for that too!

excelim

I am familiar with CSS, I'm not familiar with the file structure just yet, you mind pointing me in the right direction to get going?

Andrew

Hey Adam. Are you using Firebug and have you started playing with Design control?

excelim

I'll grab fire bug. I've messed with design control. It's just taking a while to try and emulate the exact look of EcoPro. Just wondering if there was a short cut way to do that with Base.

excelim

Any other ideas to short cut the process here guys? I'm hoping I'm not the only one who's looking for this or who will want this in the future. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Hi Adam, Eventually all the themes will be built on Platform. Until then we've got to get our hands dirty with the CSS and we're not likely to get it exact. Why don't you shoot me an email; [email protected] Thanks, Bryan

excelim

Thanks all! What I'm really looking for is to maintain the design controls and boxes, template controls, etc. inside of base but modify that to look like EcoPro quickly. I don't know which files I need to modify. Could someone give me a quick point in the right direction. I need to modify the header (font, colors and background) the navigation (font, colors, background, mouseovers) the footer (background, fonts), the blog summary presentation (layout, fonts, remove Post count). Which files should I be manipulating to accomplish this? Thanks :)!

cmunns

Should be using the template setup to remove as much as possible. For full-width background image such as the footer in EcoPro you can actually grab the background images from the PL ecopro demo and apply them to the CSS background and the texture div inside of it. You'll see what I mean if you inspect the EcoPro demo with FireBug. Don't hot link from PL though. In the same way you can apply new rules using the base.css and if you have to edit core files at all copy them to PlatformBase first.