Sign in to follow this  
kkrafts

Decrease space below header image

kkrafts

Is there a way to make my header image closer to the top of the main column? Right now there is a ton of white space around my image (to the point where it takes up 1/3 of the screen: www.pathologystudent.com I am an extreme newbie. There is probably a way using custom hooks but I have no clue how to insert those or where...Thanks.

kkrafts

Thanks - it's good to know how to do that! That makes sense to change the padding. It didn't change the position of the header though - but maybe I'm trying to move it into another area of the page rather than just lowering it within the header area. I'd like the image to pretty much rest on the line the search bar is resting on.

Kate

@Kristine In that case, yes, you would be "moving" it into another area. The first step in that would be to make your image smaller... it's too wide for that, currently. Also, keep in mind that will impact your ability to expand your menu.

kkrafts

Thanks Kate! Once I make the image smaller, how do I move it into the area below? By menu, you mean the navigation or page titles in that region, right?

kkrafts

What would the hook do? Would I use the "pagelines_after_branding" hook? Where would the hook go? Sorry, totally new to this stuff and can't seem to find answers in the documentation...

bryan-hadaway

No problem, let's try something a little easier: ` body #branding .content-pad { padding: 55px 0 25px 15px; } body #branding .branding_wrap { margin-top: -30px; position: absolute; } ` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS and we'll see how close it gets you to your goal. Thanks, Bryan

kkrafts

Yes!! Hooray, that worked great. Thanks so much.