Sign in to follow this  
amforh

H1 for static homepage without page title

amforh

Hi, I am getting back on this because I am uploading the site, but I have not find a solution yet. I want to have a H1 tag visible for searches, but I do not want to use the <h1>page title</h1>. The link is of the homepage (a static page was set up as homepage): http://belmonteraw.com/

bryan-hadaway

`.pagetitle{display:none}` add to Custom Code > Custom CSS. It'll hide titles from view, but engines can still read them. Thanks, Bryan

amforh

Thank you :) One doubt in terms of SEO: is it going to be penalize by searches?

jingram

Marcos, Going through something similar here and unless you hide the h1 tag under say the image in your header everything I am reading says you will be penalized if you do display=none

jingram

I wanted to add, ask something similar. So here is my issue, I have setup a sort of landing page using the features page in iblog4 pro. I have 5 or so features that were each using an <h1> tag and and an <h3> tag. I have had very good luck getting relevant articles to show up using appropriate keywords that appear in the title or the articles, but on my landing page I don't even appear in the top 100+ even when using words that exist in the url. For example "adventure kayaking" I posted on google webmaster forums and got the beatdown pretty bad, lol, about tons of php errors without closing tags, etc. One of the things mentioned was multiple h1 tags and that none of those h1 tags had anything to do with the name of the site which makes sense since those tags were all being used for titles on the features themselves. I switched all of those titles to h2 tags, but am not sure on how to go about using an h1 tag on the featues page with relevant information to the title and content of the site overall. I suppose I could create a "welcome feature" with the h1 tag and put it at the end, but that seems sort ghetto. I did a little more research and by default, on the home page, the wordpress 2010 default theme uses the Site Title as the H1 tag and on posts and pages uses the post or page title for those. This provides optimum use of those tags. So long winded question is, is that difficult to do with the iblog4 pro theme? If so, how can I go about giving my home page the proper H1 tag for the page title only.

amforh

Hi Jack, As you said before, I am able to do the following when I am using a WP default theme to create a corporate landing page: 1. Set up a static page as homepage. 2. Remove page title (H1) of the homepage. 3. Homepage uses the site title as H1 tag = Perfect. I am still wondering if this is possible by using Pagelines. I am using Platform pro.

jingram

You would think this should be pretty basic. Hopefully somebody who knows more than I do pipes in, although you may need to change topic to not resolved if you haven't done so already.

Simon

There is a filter included just for this. `pagelines_site_title` a simple regex could be the answer ;)

jingram

Simon, I take it this is for platform pro only?

jingram

Err that is what I meant... so what are folks supposed to do with other themes that you guys make? Like iBlog4 Pro in my case?

amforh

Hi Pross, Thank you, your code works :) However, what if we want to keep the corporate logo?

bryan-hadaway

I'm a bit confused about the state of this topic. The idea to begin was a bit confusing and now I'm not sure what is resolved and not resolved. Generally this is why we like to keep the topic one on one with topic starter. So, to Marcos (the original topic starter) - does my answer resolve your issue? Thanks, Bryan

jingram

Bryan, I apologize... I'll start a new thread. I posted in the thread because my issue is identical to Marcos, except he is using Platform Pro vs. iBlog 4 Pro for myself.

amforh

Hi Bryan, I apologize for the inconveniences. The topic was about setting up a static page as homepage, then deleting the page title (H1) of the homepage and getting a homepage that uses the site title as H1 tag. You provide a solution that derived from a SEO doubt related with the solution. Thanks to Pross I got a partial solution but it does not totally solve the problem. In conclusion, I find that the problem is not solved at all. I can start a new topic if it is helpful to everyone. Thank you for your attention, Marcos

kastelic

Thanks for starting topics anew, it really helps when providing support :)