Sign in to follow this  
anvilmediainc

Platform Pro Theme Options Messed Up

anvilmediainc

Not sure what happened, but my PlatformPro Theme Options screen recently got kind of messed up. The buttons on the side don't activate whatever you clicked on by fading those options in anymore. Rather, they act like anchor links and jump down the page to the section that it points to. In other words, when I click "PlatformPro" on the left nav now, it loads a crazy long page with ALL of the theme settings at once, so you can scroll forever and you'll eventually end up seeing everything you can modify. I also noticed that before this got broken, clicking different options wouldn't change the URL. Now if I click something, I'll see the URL change to something like this: /wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines#header_and_nav or /wp-admin/admin.php?page=pagelines#feature_settings Anybody else seen this?

anvilmediainc

No clue what happened...but now it's fixed?

creativelearning

This is happening to me to! Just noticed today. I have tried to install and reinstall the theme and also have switched themes and selected them again. Did you figure out what's going on?

anvilmediainc

Not entirely sure how it got fixed because I was doing a lot of updates all at once. To totally fix everything though, I had to roll my framework back to 1.1.5, and I'm still using the 1.0.3 base child theme. Once I did that, it went back to normal. Have you updated your theme recently, or what versions are you currently running?

creativelearning

I am using framework 1.2.1 and the child base theme of 1.0.4. The funny thing is that it was working fine before. I noticed today that it was working correctly.

creativelearning

I'm sorry that it was NOT working correctly today.

creativelearning

I have logged out cleared the cache closed the browser and reopened. Still the same. I have also switched the theme, deleted the files via FTP and then reuploaded and switched the theme back. It was working fine last week but I noticed this problem today. I cannot revert back to an older version of the platform as I just purchased it last week and only have access to version 1.2.1 of the framework and 1.0.4 of the base theme.

anvilmediainc

Yeah it would be nice if they had a way to download older versions of the files. I'm wondering if we both had a plugin installed that doesn't work with 1.2.1 or something. Sorry I'm not helpful! I really have no clue why or how mine started working again.

creativelearning

I have not installed any plugins whatsoever.

Andrew

Hey Elizabeth, Could be an install issue (calling the folders incorrectly) What is the problem you're experiencing?

anvilmediainc

Andrew: Scroll to top. See issue.

creativelearning

I don't believe it is an install issue. As anvilmediainc described in his first post that is the problem I'm having. Settings were working just fine a few days ago. I after trial and error I just discovered that two plugins are conflicting with the Settings menu: Simple Tags and Text Expander. Any chance in making the setting panel compatible with these plugins?

creativelearning

Sorry that did not help. As I mentioned there is a conflict with Simple Tag Plugin. Theme settings page works only when this plugin is disabled.

cmunns

This means that the plugins are breaking the javascript on the PageLines options panel, however, I'm getting really tired of plugin authors not isolating their code. The plugin code has no right to be present on PL options pages for any reason. For example here is the code in PL that makes the PL options only load when the page="pagelines" ` if(isset($_GET['page']) && ($_GET['page'] == 'pagelines')){ include( CORE_LIB.'/admin.head.php' ); } `

creativelearning

Would I need to add this code somewhere?

creativelearning

Is there a work around to this? I don't want to have to deactivate a plugin each time I want to change a setting in the settings page.

Andrew

Liz, No Adam is demonstrating what the plugins should be doing. Talk to the plugin providers and tell them to stop messing with other stuff.

creativelearning

I find it hard to believe that this is the only answer. There are countless themes that do not run into these problems with plugins enabled. Especially when thes are some well known and well used plugins. I would advise you work on this for future versions.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Elizabeth, There are around 11 thousand WordPress plugins at the moment. Many of which are programmed poorly, not updated often enough or are altogether abandoned. There are plenty of great plugins and we optimize for those that make sense for the PageLines' product. The reason that you aren't having problems with other templates is simply because most themes are no where near as complex as PageLines, most are simple CSS so there would be nothing to conflict with. To design PageLines around "Simple Tag Plugin" or the thousands of others is not practical nor a good idea anyway you look at it. The best option would be to post here: http://wordpress.org/tags/simple-tags?forum_id=10 And either get a possible custom solution or maybe even a plugin update. Or to hire a professional programmer for your custom needs. Thanks, Bryan

creativelearning

I am not asking to design around a plugin. But these plugins that I am using are very well known and are updated constantly. I am beginning to see that many of your answers to questions are to go somewhere else. Whatever happened to "The First Rule? "If you are a new customer of PageLines, it's time we introduce you to the first rule. The first rule of PageLines is that you come first. We truly appreciate your business and support." It seems to me Pagelines isn't cracked up to what it's worth.

lloyd118

We are still looking for a solution to this issue. We have deactivated all the plugins and activated the default theme. We changed the name of the platform folders, including the Base, and uploaded the updated 1.2.2 version. Yet we still have the broken themes setting page.

creativelearning

It seems you may have the same problem as anvilmediainc. Except he rolled back his version. He had to roll his framework back to 1.1.5, and use the 1.0.3 base child theme.

Andrew

@JT looks like a JS conflict or issue of some kind. Do you have Firebug? If so, what js error are you getting?