Sign in to follow this  
bibson

Removing HTML info on default Wordpress comment box

bibson

Hello, I'm looking to switch back to using the default Wordpress comment system on my blog. How do I get rid of all the HTML info at the bottom of the entry box hihglighted in the attached image below? Thanks in advance for your help. AJvQx.png

cmunns

Add this to your custom css ` .form-allowed-tags { display:none; } `

bibson

Thank You, that worked a treat. Whilst we are on the subject of comments, I was using Disqus and it had 'Reactions' which collects and displays mentions of the post from various social platforms underneath the comment box. With wordpress, its in the form of 'Responses' but displayed inside the comments. How do I disable the Responses from showing alongside the comments, or move it to appear underneath the comment entry box? Thanks.

bryan-hadaway

Is this a Disqus specific question, you might post on their forum. Still, if we can get a link and more guidance on the issue we may be able to help. Thanks, Bryan

bibson

No it is not a disqus specific question. This shows when I'm using the original wordpress commenting system. I've renabled Disqus for now, but the attached screenshot highlights what I'm looking to get rid off. The responses that show due to the article being mentioned on other platforms. Screenshot

cmunns

When you create a page or post you need to go to the "Discussion" area and uncheck "allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page"

bibson

There's no way to disable it completely without having to do it manually on each and every post? Or, have it showing underneath the comment box in its own area instead of mixing with the reader comments?

catrina

There's no way to disable it completely without having to do it manually on each and every post? - You will have to do it manually in every post since there is no general setting for disabling it... OR you can use CSS to hide that area. Or, have it showing underneath the comment box in its own area instead of mixing with the reader comments? - It's possible by editing the file (unless you want the CSS/hiding solution I suggested above).

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

emidzi

Where do I find ".form-allowed-tags { display:none; }"? Thanks Elizabeth

Guest Guest

Elizabeth, That code was given to be placed in the custom css section of the custom code settings in the PlatformPro settings.

emidzi

Thanks Tyler! Worked perfectly! Elizabeth

cmunns

The WP general discussion settings I believe would also have had the option :/

bibson

@Catrina - If you can give me both customisations then I'll play around with both and see which best suits the commenting system. Thanks

bibson

I'm trying to stay away from having too many plugins unless it is absolutely necessary. Can't a CSS code do the job?

Kate

@bibson To be honest, having another plugin shouldn't have any negative impact on your site. In this case, especially, as it's a feature you really want. That being said, if you still prefer CSS, this should work:

li.pingback{display:none;}

However, one caveat: your comment count will be off as a result, since you're only hiding them once they've already been processed (in PHP) and displayed. ;)

bibson

How about not having the pingbacks and trackbacks mix wih the 'normal' comments readers make? A good example is how Disqus list all pingbacks separate underneath the comment box. Example Can that be done?

bibson

Thanks Bryan. Trackping seperator hasn't been updated (Displays a 'Not tested with current version of wordpress' warning) I'll try out the second suggestion and see if it helps.