Sign in to follow this  
joan54

Is it possible to customize Platform with boxes like a newspaper?

joan54

Hi, I have recently obtained the Platform Pro theme. I am trying to look similar to the template of the NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/). I am having problems with boxes inside of a column. In one of your video tutorials shows that it is possible to emulate different webs. My question: Is it possible with Platform Pro to layout the theme (home page) like the NYTimes (http://www.nytimes.com/)? I am adding a picture. customization.JPG I will appreciate your answer. Thanks, Luis

gesman

While it does not answers directly, I am at the final stages of building wordpress plugin that allows to split any page, post or sidebar into any number of columns of any width and put any content in them. Eventually it will allow you to replicate any newspaper's layout within any page. I'll post more when it will be ready.... getting there! Gleb

cmunns

Anything is possible, but really it also depends on exactly what each column is supposed to be and how much of an exact match on format you're looking for, definitely will need to do some custom coding to get an exact match

Sourena

This page also can be made by creating a bunch of widget areas for your fist page and placing different widgets there to show posts from different categories. You need to create a new template for your home page though, and include all those widget areas in the page. You also need to do an extensive work on CSS to make it show posts correctly.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages