Sign in to follow this  
historicshed

Design Control and Custom Code Problem

historicshed

I have been searching here in the Forum to see if this problem has been resolved for anyone else, but haven't found it. I have both Platform Pro and the Base themes uploaded and after wading around I've gotten a lot (for very newbie me) set up the way I'd like it on my new site http://historicshed.com/shedblog/. The problem is that when I make changes to colors in the Design Control section or add code to the Custom Code section, the updates are not reflected when I refresh my site unless I go to Themes and activate the Platform Pro theme, then reactivate the Base theme. As you can imagine, it makes it rather annoying to test alternate color schemes. The Layout Editor and other sections refresh just fine and code that I add to base.css shows up immediately as well. This has happened ever since I originally installed the themes.

cmunns

I'm testing this right now and it appears to be working using PlatformPro 1.2.1 and PlatformBase 1.0.4 What are you running?

historicshed

I only have Plugins that were recommended in the documentation activated along with the Categories to Tags Converter Importer, Redirection and Post Types order. I have had the problem both in Google Chrome and Firefox. Everything works great except changing colors and custom code. I tried activating a different theme, then reactivating PagelinesBase, but still don't get the colors to update as they should. I can live with it since most of the changes I need have been made, but I know it's not supposed to work this way.

bryan-hadaway

I've seen this issue a few times now, the confirmed solution: - Go to: Appearance > Themes - Activate the WordPress default theme - Reactivate PlatformBase Thanks, Bryan

anvilmediainc

I'm running Base 1.0.3 with 1.2.1 and Bryan's solution works, except that I have to do this for every single edit I do in the custom CSS editor. I tried to upgrade to Platform Base 1.0.4 today also, but it destroyed my site so I reverted back. I read the documentation, and haven't figured out what's going on...or if it's even worth it to try to fix.

anvilmediainc

I rolled my site back to the 1.1.5 Framework and the CSS editor works perfectly again. 1.2.1 is NOT ready for use yet. There is something wrong with how it saves CSS.

Andrew

interesting, probably an easy fix if we can duplicate the issue. If you see the issue again, send us login credentials so we can see the problem.

anvilmediainc

Could you send me your email address so I don't have to post the login info on the forum? :) Edit: The issue is easy to see from my other version of the dev site--if I can get you in there you can check it out.

Andrew

hello (at) pagelines.com

historicshed

As anvilmediainc says, Bryan's solution works or you can go from the main Platform theme back to the Base theme each time, but you have to do this to see each custom code or color update in the main menu.

anvilmediainc

Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this yet?

Andrew

@David (AnvilMediaInc), In your case this appeared to be a plugin conflict of some kind. I deactivated plugins in your test server and it started working just fine....

anvilmediainc

Thanks for taking the time to check it out. If I have the test server set up running 1.2.1 and it doesn't work with my plugins activated, but my other server running 1.1.5 does work with those same plugins activated--is it purely just a plugin conflict? What I'm trying to say is that if the only difference is the framework version, isn't the a bug on how the framework is handling the plugins?

anvilmediainc

Alright I've figured out what was going on with the 1.2.2 (or 1.2.1) updates. 2 separate problems: 1. My WP-o-Matic plugin prevents the custom CSS editor from saving 2. The new 1.2.2 framework changed how elements are stacked (I'm assuming to fix some previous bugs) so my custom CSS z-index properties that I already had set up were conflicting with how the new framework handles the page elements. Removing all of my z-index properties from my custom CSS and adding this made my social icons clickable again: ` .icons { position:absolute; top: 113px; z-index: 999 !important; } ` [ related post: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=5246 ]

orilus

I've tested all my plugins and deactivating them doesn't seem to help. Design control updates are not being displayed on the site until I activate a default theme and reactivate platformpro 1.2.2. Custom Code doesn't seem to work at all. I'm trying to remove the small border/bar at the top of my site, change footer color and add rounded corners to the main page area and have been unable to get anything to update. www.austinhomeshop.com

orilus

Thanks Andrew, the CSS below is all I have placed in my Custom CSS field, is there still potential to have specificity conflicts?

.icons .twitterlink {background-position: -22px -22px;} .icons .youtubelink {background-position: -44px -22px;} .icons .linkedinlink {background-position: -66px -22px;} .icons .facebooklink {background-position: -88px -22px;} .icons .rsslink {background-position: 0px -22px;} .icons .twitterlink:hover {background-position: -22px 0;} .icons .youtubelink:hover {background-position: -44px 0;} .icons .linkedinlink:hover {background-position: -66px 0;} .icons .facebooklink:hover {background-position: -88px 0;} .icons .rsslink:hover {background-position: 0px 0px;} #sidebar1 {background:#F0F0F0;} #sidebar1 {font-size:110%} a:link{ text-decoration: underline; color:#CC5500; } a:hover{ text-decoration: underline; color: #FDD017; } a:visited{ text-decoration: underline; color:#CC5500; .icons .stumbleupon{display:none}

Andrew

@Israel The border at top is now due to padding not a border. `body {padding-top: 0}` to fix Closing this topic; as these issues have been resolved in other threads.