Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomas

Carousel items: Flickr: Can't Open in New Page

Rob Thomas

I have a carousel gallery linked to a Flickr account. I am using iBlogPro 4. I have tried to add the target="_blank" code everywhere I imagine it needs to be and I cannot get the Carousel items to open in a new page. Currently, if you click on the images, it takes the user away from my page and I want to keep them there and open the images in a new window. What do I need to do this? Thanks for any help. If anyone cares the website is: www.daddypony.com

cmunns

You added it to the FlickrRSS options? Can you shoot us a screenshot so we can see what you've added?

Rob Thomas

Thanks, cmunns. Here is a screen shot of the FLICKR RSS Settings Page. screen_shot.jpg

Kate

@Robert In the HTML, the code you've input above isn't even showing up. @cmunns may have a better insight on this, but one option is to try deactivating then reactivating the plugin. Not sure that would do the trick, but it's an option. Also, look for other plugins (perhaps other image plugins) that may be conflicting with it. As a last resort, you could write some simple JavaScript to open those images in a new window.

Rob Thomas

Thanks, Kate. I tried that. Unfortunately, it did not work. The code shows up (above) if you grab the image and put it on your desktop. I have no idea why it showed up so huge on the page. I expected it to link to it on my own server.

Kate

@Robert I'm sorry, what I meant was the image is the screenshot you posted is showing up fine, but the HTML we see within that screenshot, including the "target" attribute, isn't being generated on your Web site. Make sense?