Sign in to follow this  
mkmk

Renaming platformpro in themes folder?

mkmk

How do I see if my PlatformPro is called platformpro in my themes folder? And, if not, how to I rename it? I see from your instructions that: **IMPORTANT** For this to work PlatformPro must be called 'platformpro' (lowercase) in your themes folder." Elsewhere in your setup video, it said it was important to rename the platformpro base to make sure that changes I make will stay when (later) I update the program. When I go to Appearance>themes there are images of different available themes. It says that PlatformBase is activated. (As instructed, I did not activate PlatformPro 1.2.1) It says that the Platform Base files are located in "themes/platformbase" and that the style sheets are located in "themes/platformbase". (Meanwhile, with the unactivated PlatformPro 1.2.1., it says the theme files are located at "themes/platformpro") So: 1. Exactly how and exactly where do I check to see that Platform Base is called platformpro? 2. Do I understand right that PlatformBase needs to be renamed platformpro? 3. If so (and it it isn't already changed) pleased tell me exactly how and exactly where to do this. (No points will be too basic for me on this one! :) Thanks, Michael

bryan-hadaway

You partly answered your own question. Looking in Appearance > Themes you can see all the pertinent info for each theme; version number, folder name and folder location. PlatformPro should be named: platformpro PlatformBase should be named: platformbase You want to activate PlatformBase only, and you're done. If you for some reason need to change the folder names you'll need to access via FTP or you files control panel in your host account. Every host is different, you'll want to contact them for help if you need to access your site via FTP. Thanks, Bryan