Sign in to follow this  
hypman

How To Remove Home Logo and Feature Advice please

hypman

Hi Ive looked for this info already but cant see it. know this theme is designed ofr a blog not actually a website but id like to remove the home logo and create a home page as such. This is for aesthetics and SEO purposes in that many features seem to only be able to be used on actual pages not posts. Also if i use the features for my home page do the search spiders see this like images ie nothing there or is it as SEO friendly as a normal page would be? thanks Garry

bevj

Got a lot of questions in here Gary! TO change the logo (header image) go to platform settings>Global options. To create a splash page or landing page. First create the page as you want it then you need to set it as the main page by redirecting wordpres to land on a static page. This redirect is found under the wordpress settings (near the bottom left) >Reading. Select static page and the page you want. The Feature seems SEO friendly (it's not flash) because it is fancy custom fields with css and moreover when I view the source code all the content for the feature box shows up.

hypman

thanks for that Bev, and sorry i didnt see until after i d posted only to ask 1 question! : ) Just to point out though, im not trying to change the home log, more remove it altogether. Ill try the other things you said though thanks