Sign in to follow this  
veronica

Change Sub Menu Font

veronica

Hello, I'm using the EcoPro theme. When I create a submenu off the main top navigation, I'm finding that the default font used is too big and looks rather ugly. The padding within the submenu boxes themselves is also excessive. Is there a way I can customize the look, especially the font, for a submenu?

veronica

Hi Kate, No link for this but here's a screenshot: screenshot2.jpg

bryan-hadaway

`#nav ul.dropdown ul{font-family:georgia}` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

veronica

Thanks Bryan. I tried your custom code, but it didn't work. I put this in the custom code instead: #nav ul ul li { font-size:10px; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight: 700; line-height: 1em; padding: 0px 0px 0px; text-decoration: none; display: block; border: 1px solid transparent; border-bottom:none; } That changes the font to what I want it to look like. The spacing is the same though, as per the screenshot above. The width of the entire submenu is much too large as is the spacing between submenu links. How do I modify this?

catrina

Can you post a screenshot of your current submenu so that I can see how much adjustment it needs? (A screenshot of the entire width of the submenu, please.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

veronica

Sorry, I wrote my last post incorrectly. I should have said that the entire width of the dropdown menu is too large, not the submenu. So in the screenshot above, I would like the dropdown menu where it says "contact", "newsletter", and "resources" to be more narrow. I have managed to change the font using the custom code in my last post, but I can't seem to adjust its width. Thanks!

Kate

Hi Veronica - Something like this should work:

#nav ul ul{width:/*set width here*/;}[code]

If you find that doesn't take, you may need to use the "!important" declaration:
	[code]#nav ul ul{width:/*set width here*/ !important;}

veronica

Hi Kate, I tried numerous variations on your code and it made no change to the width. Any other suggestions?

bryan-hadaway

You tried like this with no syntax errors: `#nav ul ul{width:800px}` changing 800 to whatever you want. Or maybe you wanted: `body #nav{width:700px}` Thanks, Bryan

veronica

Hi Bryan, Yes, the first bit of code you suggested does nothing. The second bit with the body tag adjusts the width of the wrong thing. I tried adding width=100px to the bit of code I posted above:

#nav ul ul li
	{
	font-size:10px;
	letter-spacing: 1px;
	text-transform:uppercase;
	font-weight: 700;
	line-height: 1em;
	padding: 0px 0px 0px;
	text-decoration: none;
	display: block;
	border: 1px solid transparent;
	border-bottom:none;
	width: 100px;
	}

By adding that, I've *almost* got it to work. Adding the width there makes the highlight the correct width, but the main container for the dropdown menu is still too large. pagelines.jpg

Kate

Hi Veronica - I actually just tried it, and I think all you need to do is add the "!important" declaration to the code I used. For instance:

#nav ul ul {width:100px !important;}

veronica

Hi Kate, thank you! I'm not sure why it didn't work before - maybe because the highlights on the dropdown kept it overall the same size? In any case, your suggestion worked. Good karma to you! :)

Kate

No worries Veronica, happy to help! And, thanks!