Sign in to follow this  
dscouron

Nav Hover Effects in WHP

dscouron

This one might be a little tough to explain and I'm not sure screenshots will help. I'm using the dropdown menu and I'm trying to get all of the child pages to be underlined when hovered in the dropdown menu. I did this by adding: `#nav ul .current_page_item a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}` `#nav ul ul a:hover{text-decoration: underline;}` `#nav ul ul .current_page_item a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}` This works except for one small problem. If i'm currently on a parent page and i hover over the same parent page in the nav menu, it underlines itself. This is what i'm trying to get rid of. I'm pretty sure it's the: `#nav ul .current_page_item a:hover{text-decoration:underline;}` causing the problem so how would it be formatted if I'm trying to say, "I'm currently on a parent page and if i hover over that parent page again in the menu, only add underlines to the child pages, not the parent". Hope that makes sense.

dscouron

Found a solution. Used `#nav ul .current_page_item ul a:hover`

Andrew

Glad you got it working.

josh

Hmmm...I can't even get them to show on a hover. How do you do that? The only way I can get child pages to show is if I go to the parent page. Any way to get them to drop down? site: www.gracebiblegrandville.org

Andrew

Hey Josh, This might be something new/fixed with version 4. Add this to your dropdown.css if its not already there: ` /* LEVEL THREE */ #nav ul.dropdown ul ul { left: 100%; top: 0; } #nav ul.dropdown li:hover > ul { visibility: visible; } `

josh

I have v.1.9.4.2 which is the only version I can find. There is no dropdown.css file in the editor. Until I get it resolved, I have to use another theme, so hopefully I can get it figured out soon, IO really like the look of WHP.

bryan-hadaway

Hi Josh, that is an old version. Although with some programming you could get the desired effect you want, it may be a lot of work, time and cost to have someone integrate such a feature in your current theme. At this time, I would highly recommend that you look into upgrading: http://www.pagelines.com/themes/ Thanks, Bryan

josh

Thanks for the recommendation, but I could do the programming myself for far less than what they're asking for the upgraded theme...I'll just switch themes and go from there. Thanks anyway.