Sign in to follow this  
ysdt

varying feature slider widths

ysdt

Hi everyone, I am having a bit of trouble with getting varying width of my feature sliders. For the feature slider I have added on my default highlight page layout (seen on http://ysdt.org/company/artists/shayla'>http://ysdt.org/company/artists/shayla I have this in my css and it's working fine: .page-template-page-highlight-php #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent { height: 400px; width: 960px; } (Ignore the content because it is not sized to fit.) But for this page (http://ysdt.org) I can't get the feature footer/navigator to be the same width as the content. I found this in another forum which allows me to put my feature slider to the left of my sidebar. I added this to my css: .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 377px; width: 670px; } .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-420px;} .home #feature-footer, .feature-footer-pad{width 670px;} Any ideas on how to move the navigation on the feature over? Thanks so much.

kastelic

You missed a colon here:

width 670px;

Also you only need to set a width for the #feature-footer, not the pad.

ysdt

Can't believe I overlooked that! Thanks Jimmy. I appreciate it.

ysdt

Hi Jimmy, So I replaced the code and it worked but now I'm having trouble with two things: 1. the pause button isn't fully on the feature footer 2. the sidebar links at the top of the homepage aren't working because somehow something (I think the feauture container?) is still set to 960 and kind of covering the clickability of the links. This is what I have in custom css: .home #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { height: 377px; width: 672px; } .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-420px;} .home #feature-footer, .feature-footer-pad{width: 672px;} link: http://ysdt.org Thanks so much for your help already.

cmunns

for the width you also need to add these selectors: `#feature, #feature .content {}`

ysdt

Thanks Adam. When I add that in, it centers the feature on the page. Any idea how I can realign the feature to fit within the page content area so I can still have the sidebar?

ysdt

Also, my css looks like this: .home#feature, #feature .content, #feature-area, .feature-wrap, #feature_slider .fmedia, #feature_slider .fcontent, #feature_slider .text-bottom .fmedia .dcol-pad, #feature_slider .text-bottom .feature-pad, #feature_slider .text-none .fmedia .dcol-pad { vertical-align: left; height: 377px; width: 672px; } .home #sidebar-wrap{margin-top:-420px;} .home #feature-footer, .feature-footer-pad{width: 672px;} I tried firebug but I still couldn't figure it out. I'll keep trying though.

bryan-hadaway

`#feature{float:left}` Thanks, Bryan

ysdt

thanks so much bryan! it worked. any idea on how to move the pause and play button to the left slightly?

cmunns

` #featurenav a, #feature-footer span.playpause { position: relative; right: 20px; } `