Sign in to follow this  
fabiofuccigmailcom

iBlogPro Features CSS override

fabiofuccigmailcom

Hi, I am trying (without success) to change the default behaviour of the site "Feature". I need to put a box below the site menu containing some advertising banner (width: 945px, height: 30px). I am trying to use a "Feature" to achieve this. Unfortunately, my changes to iBlogPro ?» Theme Options ?» Custom Code ?» Custom CSS don't seem to work. Here is the CSS:

#feature .hentry {
	    height: 30px;
	}
	#feature .fmedia {
	    height: 30px;
	    width: 945px;
	}
	#feature-footer {
	    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 red;
	    padding: 2px 0;
	}

What's wrong with this? Is there any other way I can achieve my aim? Here is the site.

cmunns

Putting an ad underneath the menu bar would require adding the ad code directly to the template files not modifying the css. If you want it under the nav then you could edit _nav.php or add it to the top portion of _posts.php

fabiofuccigmailcom

You are right but I thought I could use the "Feature" workaround (if only I could make my css work). However, changing the template means losing all the changes at every theme update.

Kate

@Fabio You want the feature area to be persistent on all pages? Currently I'm not seeing it up at all. About the template changes: that's correct. However, you could save off your current file and make the additional changes manually. Not ideal, but doable.

fabiofuccigmailcom
@Fabio You want the feature area to be persistent on all pages? Currently I'm not seeing it up at all.
Yes. Maybe migrating to Platform Pro may help? It is much more flexible.

Andrew

well they're all flexible, PlatformPro just takes more of the code/CSS out of the hands of the user