Sign in to follow this  
melair

Image in text widget (relative position) hidden behind divs

melair

My testing site: http://www.dedicto.fi/webdev/wp_sandbox/ I am using the text widget to insert an image (the hand with tree) into the left sidebar. I want it to line up flush with the edge of the content area / canvas, so that there is no white space between the arm and the grey bkgrd area. I am using relative positioning on the image, so it is approximately where I want it to be if I look at it with firebug. But I cannot get the left edge to be visible above the divs to the left on the content area. Added z-index, but that did not help. Can you help please? :-)

catrina

Hm, if the image can't be repositioned, perhaps you can reposition the widget it's located in using z-index.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

melair

I tried to reposition the text widget as well and use z-index, but the result was exactly the same as it looks now. Somehow z-index does not seem to have any effect.

Kate

@Melissa I'm sure there's a couple options to doing this, but this is what I would do: dump the styles you currently have for that image and use this:

#sidebar1{margin-left:-10px;padding-left:10px;}
	#text-3 {margin-left:-20px;}

This brings the sidebar div flush with the left column, replaces the margin difference with padding so it's not visible on the other widgets, and pulls that text widget over. ;)

melair

@Kate: Worked like a charm! Thanks so much - mega mega karma to you :-)