Sign in to follow this  
herve_l

maincontent color and image - how to change it?

herve_l

Hi, I'm trying to modify the design of my webpage. Here's what it looks like for the moment : captureeqm.th.jpg I need to change the maincontent color. I'd like to do something like the footer : use a #000 color with opacity. But, I don't find the css option that puts the maincontent ""so white". I tryied #maincontent {background-color:transparent;} but it doesn't work. I also tryied to modify #page an #page-main but still doesn't work. How can I do that? Thanks a lot for your hints. Herv?©

Andrew

Are you on the most recent version of the theme with 'Design Control'? (1.2.1) I believe the selector you're looking for is #page; did you try making your rules more specific? e.g. `body #page {background:...}` or even with `!important` (we don't usually recommend that tag but it helps understand specificity)

catrina

I think what you're looking for is this:

background-color: #000; filter:alpha(opacity=50); -moz-opacity: .50 opacity:.50;
(rather than
background: transparent;

(Increase/decrease 50 and .50 values to create less/more opacity)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tpldrew

Hey Catrina, Thanks for helping with this. I tried this: body #page { background-color: #fff; filter:alpha(opacity=75); -moz-opacity: .50 opacity:.50; } No luck. I'm using the latest on a dev server with the design controls and I'm adding it in the Custom CSS section. Thanks so much for your help. BTW, it does change the background color in Chrome and Safari, but no transparency.

kastelic

Try using rgba:

body #page {
	background: rgba(255,255,255, 0.5);
	}

Works in chrome and firefox.

morpheusrising

Just a quick one... first day with the Pro version! Where do I place the above code to get the transparency/opacity?

catrina

Are you referring to this one?:

body #page {background: rgba(255,255,255, 0.5);}

No matter which CSS, you place it in either the Custom CSS area in your settings or the base.css file.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

tpldrew

Catrina, Thanks so much! That worked perfectly!!! - Drew