Sign in to follow this  
jameshau

Whitehouse Pro feature title Issue

jameshau

<h3>Keep tabs on all the latest news from Lifelong Learning Program and upcoming workshops.</h3> I have this html code in feature title and it appears fine in firefox, chrome, safari. However , when viewed in IE7 and IE8, it was a gigantic size, not inline with what we see in firefox, chrome and safari. Also all the side-bar becomes very huge fonts and some of the fonts came out of the box for the sidebar. Also I notice an error on page in IE with an exclamation mark which when clicked on says Line : 2 Char : 1 Error : jQuery is undefined Code : 0 URL : http://jameshau.com/parentingtips/contact-us/ Do you think the error message has anything to do with feature title h3 tag error in IE7 and IE8 Using Windows XP as operating system Please Help James H

intellagentz

When I look at the source, it looks as though you have <h1>and <h3> tags both surrounding the heading...perhaps that's your problem

jameshau

Highlight Title (Highlight Page Template) The title in the highlight section of the highlight page (preformatted inside an H1 tag). Base on the theme whitehouse pro, the title is preformatted inside an H1 tag. I am trying to reduce the size, ie I put a h3 tag, <h3>title </h3> around it Since it is preformatted inside an H1 tag by virtue of the theme setup, hence in firefox it appears normal since <h1> <h3> title </h3></h1> is read as a h3 tag. However in Internet explorer 7 and 8, it is read as a h1 tag which could account for the issue. Since it is preformatted inside a h1 tag, how do we resolve this issue for IE 7 and 8. James H

catrina

Try removing the

<h1></h1>
from the formatting so that only the
<h3>

formatting is there.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jameshau

Hi How do I remove the <h1></h1> tag since it is preformatted as part of the whitehouse theme James H

cmunns

If it's pre-formatted then you shouldn't be using additional HTML. It would be better to just adjust css for size instead of using nested header tags which is your problem.

jameshau

Hi adjusted css for size and partly resolved. However the text on sidebar on right still appears gigantic. How to resolve that ? The text on right side bar appears fine on Firefox but on IE7 and IE8, it appear gigantic please help James H

jameshau

HI, manage to resolve it as well. Just remove the <h4> tag and adjust for css as well and all is well except for one error message Line 2 Char 1 Error : 'jQuery is undefined Code : 0 URL : http://jameshau.com/parentingtips/ can I know what is the reason for this error and what is the impact on the site. James H

cmunns

In the case of that page... normally jquery errors would cause the feature slider to break, but not here so it must be originating from a plugin that may/may not be working properly for you.

jameshau

Hi, I have tried to turn off the plug in but the error still persists. Line 2 Char 1 Error : 'jQuery' is undefined Code : 0 URL : http://jameshau.com/parentingtips/ This is insanity, There does not seems to be any error as far as I can see. any help is appreciated. James H

kastelic

Did you get this fixed? I'm not getting any error messages on this page.

jameshau

HI No, this is not resolved. The error message on the page is Line 2 Char 1 Error : 'jQuery' is undefined Code : 0 URL : http://jameshau.com/parentingtips/ which appears on the bottom left of the screen as an error. When you clickon that, the error message appears James H

catrina

I'm searching and I can't see it. Can you post a screenshot and point out where it occurs exactly?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

jameshau

HI Catrina, Managed to capture the screen shot, which is at RtR43.jpg At the bottom left , you will see in the image "Done but with errors on page" Thanks, hope this explains. James H

jameshau

Hi Andrew, I run the W3 validation test but the errors mentioned does not contain the error being displayed on "Done, but with errors on page." The one on the error message is jQuery is undefined. Code 0 URL : http://lifelonglearningprogram.com/ in Line 2 Char : 1 which is none of the errors in the W3 validation test. James H

cmunns

This must be unique to IE as in Chrome the same error does not appear. Additionally Line 2 Char : 1 of your source code is not javascript anyway.

jameshau

Hi emunns, I have already tested this. It has no problem in firefox, chrome, safari, the error only occurs in IE. So does anybody has any solution to this ? This is really perplexing and have tried everything possible but still he error persists in IE. Please, can somebody point out what is the possible cause of this and a solution. Thanks James H

jameshau

Hello cmunns, Yes, I also cannot find where is the actual source of the js problem until now. Very frustrating ! Anybody has any ideas what is wrong with this site on IE with jQuery error. thanks I really appreciate a solution. James H

jameshau

Hi Catrina, the jQuery I guess is from the cforms plugin (maybe) but the strange thing is that there is no problem in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, only in IE7. Is there a workaround for IE7. I have tried disabled the plugin but the problem still persists so I do not think it is due to that plugin James H

kastelic

I think you've found a bug. I will forward this to the developers.