Sign in to follow this  
webmachiavelli

pageline pro width

webmachiavelli

I'm sure I'm missing this somewhere in this forum but after reading ten plus threads I don't see the answer. I've been looking at log data and see that 99% of my site's vistor's resolution is 1024px wide or greater. I'd like to embrace that width. However when I go into the settings and adjust the width in the Layout Editor to 1024px it doesn't take. If this is something I need to adjust manually why allow us to adjust it in the Layout Editor.

makeylon

For some reason, the numbers cannot be adjusted in the boxes. However, if you hover your mouse over the graphic above, you can drag the width of the site and the columns there. Unfortunately, its a little difficult to hit the exact numbers you're looking for, but it can be done. it would be nice if they allowed us to edit the numbers in the text box though.

webmachiavelli

Mark I'm aware of that. My issues is that even though I adjust the width to 1024x the site isn't at that width because it isn't overriding the css.

Andrew

Could be a problem with your dynamic.css ... is it updating? Which version of the theme?

webmachiavelli

Andrew I'm running Version 1.2.1 locally. As for the css it is updating just fine in custom code area in all other instances.

webmachiavelli

Ok so no one has any suggestions on how to actually get the width to 1024 pixels?

Kate

Do you have any widths set in the CSS that could be overriding the manual setting? You may want to check that. If you have a link we could check it out as well. Secondly, as a heads-up: if you're aiming for 1024x768, you'll actually want to set the width to no more than 1000px. Otherwise your visitors (at the 1024x768 resolution) will experience horizontal scrolling.