Sign in to follow this  
intellagentz

Using hook caused nav problem

intellagentz

Here's my 1st attempt at using a hook: // Add Ask-the-Broker-Button to header above branding icons add_action('pagelines_before_primary-nav','add_broker_button_to_header'); function add_broker_button_to_header() { $brokerbutton_image_url = "http://www.learn2monetize.com/hvr/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/AsktheBrokerButton.png"; #replace the URL between the quotes with the URL to your image ?> " border="0" alt="Ask the Broker" id="AskBroker" /> <?php } You'll note that I created a linked button "Ask the Broker" which links to a page...that part I figured out along with the required CSS styling to position the button. The issue is the impact on the main nav...which you can see HERE No other coding caused this. To be sure, if I remove the hook coding above, menu restores to proper state. Thanks

intellagentz

Solved my own problem. I tried using a different custom hook.

intellagentz

New problem. When I selected a different custom hook, the problem with the menu was solved...but suddenly, the actual button is not working. ie. it doesn't offer a link to the respect page I linked to. Odd.

intellagentz

Ok, I'm working through my own problems here... The button is working but the problem is that it is actually placed behind the branding wrap. (I think this is what caused my original problem) I suppose I can reduce the size of the branding wrap. Is this the best option or is there way of setting the image to "sit atop" of the branding wrap and therefore, accessible and clickable. (sorry for bastardizing the technical language)

catrina

Which button are you referring to (so that I'll know that I'm adjusting the right thing)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

intellagentz

Top Right "Ask the Broker" big blue ..can't miss it

Andrew

what's not working about it, the buttons are looking good :)