Sign in to follow this  
travistsickle

Header

travistsickle

How can I put a phone number next to my logo on the top of my page? www.sicklehunter.com

travistsickle

so base-child-theme is a different theme from pagelines pro that I should install?

Kate

@T The child theme is a theme that's built off of PlatformPro. It has the benefit of allowing you to do customization without overwriting the core files. This is especially beneficial when you're upgrading ;)

travistsickle

so I uploaded the child theme and then I am supposed to go to appearance >> editor >> and click the base.css file and edit?

travistsickle

then what is the difference between adding code to the custom css section and editing the base.css file ?

kastelic

Editing base.css allows you to have more control over the css, adding, deleting or editing styles, rather than the custom css section, which only can add more styles to the bottom, to override the ones in the css file. I guess its just a matter of preference. You can achieve any CSS you're trying to do with either method. I would recommend using the base.css if your going to do a lot of changes to the css, and use the custom css box if changes are minimal.