Sign in to follow this  
ledan09

Width of different pages on the site (Template Setup)

ledan09

All my website pages are based on the same "Default Template" in my Page Attributes, thus the width of the page is the same for all the pages in the site. The width is set in the "Layout Editor". How can I create a new template (in the Template Setup or elsewhere) where the width of the page changes? My site has a Main Column (632px) and 2 sidebars (240px each), and even when I remove the 2 sidebars and select "Fullwidth Layout" under "PlatformPro Page Template Options", the 2 sidebars disappear, but the main column remains the same width (632px). I am interested in making the sidebars disappear and expanding the Main Column of only ONE page on my site. Please let me know if there is an easy way to do this. And please, DO NOT refer me to Documentation, as a lot of the stuff I need is super hard to find. You can refer me to Docs if you send me the exact link to the answer to my question. Thank you for all. Daniel

bryan-hadaway

Sure, give me the link to the page in question and I can write up some Custom CSS for you. Thanks, Bryan

Kate

Hey Daniel, Here's some CSS for that page:

.page-id-120 #sidebar1, #sidebar2 {display:none;}
	.page-id-120 #column-wrap{width:1124px !important;}
	.page-id-120 #column-main{margin-left:-226px;width:1124px !important;}

If you need help implementing it on other pages, let us know.

ledan09

Thank you so much Kate! If I wanted to keep only one sidebar (let's say the left one), how would the first sentence be coded? .page-id-120 #sidebar1, #sidebar2 {display:none;} [i am saving all this in my notes, so that I know how to implement these things on future pages]. I also noticed how you got the page id (120), and know how to find that too. Thanks again!

Kate

@Daniel No problem... Basically you would need to adjust the code... It would, overall, be more like this:

.page-id-120 #sidebar2 {display:none;}
	.page-id-120 #column-wrap{width:1124px !important;}
	.page-id-120 #column-main{width:884px !important;}

I didn't try that, but theoretically it would work. Also, I'm not sure why I had 226px in my mind for the sidebars... you could change those values to 240px;

Kate

Sure... I think it's just a width issue. Change this line:

.page-id-120 #column-main{width:870px !important;}

That seemed to work fine when I tried it. And thanks for the Karma ;)

ledan09

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Have a good one!