Sign in to follow this  
james341

Using Hebrew in platformpro (right to left)

james341

is there a way to use Hebrew in the theme? I need to change all the theme to show in right to left format I want to show the logo in the right section on the screen and all the other stuff Thanks

james341

hey thanks for your replay so i went to links you gave me and played with it i had to custom CSS the line : body {text-align:right;} and it works fine but i want to place the logo in the original position and and RSS and other icons in the original place so i had the line : #header a {float:left;} it took the logo to the left but the RSS button jump up right you can see in: www.lacebase.com hope there's solution for that - like i said i need all the site in the hebrew right to left but the header (logo + RSS button) keep in the original place thanks

james341

by the way the menu is still in the left to right after i used the body {text-align:right;} custom css is there a way to also keep in the right to left thanks

catrina

Hello, the

text-align: right

property doesn't make the text go from right to left; it aligns the text to the right. I found this tutorial on how to align the text the way you'd like, though: http://fortysevenmedia.com/blog/archives/styling_right-to-left_text_with_css_on_a_multi-lingual_site/

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

james341

Thanks I think I managed to make the site show right in Hebrew . The problem I have is with the menu. The menu is still show from left. If you go to my site: www.lacebase.com You will see that the menu (only the home page- "lacebase" is on the right- how can I make it to put it to start from the left? Thanks

james341

thanks Bryan 1. so i did what you said and installed firefox to identify the class and id you can see in the photo that i am standing on the menu but i don't really know what to do and what i need to change to make the "LaceBase" wiil be in the right and the menu will be from right to left Screen%20shot%202011-01-20%20at%205.00.26%20PM.png 2. also how do i change to make all the site to be in hebrew Ariel font ?i understand i need to change this in the CSS thanks again

james341

this is the "style" area in the firefox bug: Screen%20shot%202011-01-20%20at%205.05.30%20PM.png

Kate

@Ofir Something like this should work:

body{font-family:/*font name here*/;}

james341

hey Kate i tried to do it but no change here is what i have in my CSS box Screen%20shot%202011-01-20%20at%208.11.04%20PM.png

cmunns

The correct code for what you have in that image would be `body {font-family:arial,sans-serif;}`

james341

OK I changed to what you said - but no change in the hebrew font you can see in www.lacebase.com it's in hebrew - the best font for hebrew site is the arial and as i said theres no change in the font here it is : Screen%20shot%202011-01-21%20at%207.56.41%20AM.png

james341

hey i don't realy no what you mean i changed the theme to the child theme and went to the css section but i see i have there already the line we are talking about - and still there's no change maybe i'm doing something wrong?

james341

nop nothing changed i still have this strange font the problem is only in the box headline because in the box i can use html and just had inside

james341

it's not working i am about to give up..... it's to complected ):

Andrew

Ofir, it is a considerable amount of work to get RTL working seamlessly. The good news is that adding support for this is on the plate. If you are interested we have a very cool customer: Sourena who is an expert in this... write us an email and we'll get you in touch.