Sign in to follow this  
riveray

Home Page that displays posts from only one or two categories

riveray

Have read through the posts and see that there is a lot of discussion about category pages and how to display what you want but haven't really gotten a handle on how I can set up a page to display the posts from just one category on our home page and not the default which show all of the recent posts from all categories.

riveray

Thanks Bryan. Added the above plugins and created a test page that has the code below--worked fine for displaying a list of the most recent posts from one specific category. That's a great start. I'm not familiar with how the code works enough to know how to also pull the date, author and excerpt etc. so each post displays like it does for the default recent posts page. What's needed to do this?? (<?php if (function_exists('recent_posts')) recent_posts(); ?>)

cmunns

I think we may need more info here? What does your home page supposed to look like? So feature area but with posts that look like posts page but pull only one category?

riveray

Thanks Adam. More or less yes to your response. If I go to the admin area and set the Setting to display my latest posts rather than a static page I get all of the recent posts. I like how the posts display but want only those assigned to the category "Daily Blog" to be displayed.

Sourena

I have not tested this plugin on the recent versions of WP but this might be the solution: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simply-exclude/screenshots/ You also can use a hook like this: http://www.billerickson.net/thesis-wordpress-remove-category-homepage/ But you need to edit it for PlatformPro.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages