Sign in to follow this  
dustinfaddis

.SQL File Location

dustinfaddis

Hello Genius, Do you know where I can find the .sql file that I need to import to my server-MySQL database? Is there more than one .sql file that I need to import? Thanks!

dustinfaddis

I created my WP site using MAMP(local server) and I tried exporting the .sql file and importing it to my BlueHost(live server) MySQL database. I received an error message. I am realizing that no matter how awesome the web-dev tools, Development & Design is rough waters; but, what isn't-ehh! So, I have a ticket/help in with BlueHost to figure this out. Has anyone obtained similar experience or know a good fix? I'm considering just starting over and building live:):o

Andrew

Couldn't you just do a WordPress Export/Import? We don't deal with the database directly here... WordPress handles all that for us :)

dustinfaddis

I think that makes sense:) I suppose I could export my local host WP site and import it to the new BH site. I could then create a new DW site with the remote server-BH. Would I be bringing to BH any files pertaining to the local host that would take up any space? I like trashing my unused files or storing them elsewhere. I think I'll give this a shot; it seems reasonable. Thanks!

Kate

Hey Dustin - There's "Tools->Export" (and "Tools->Import") in the dashboard. You can also export your PageLines settings (look towards the bottom of the Settings screen). Finally, transferring your child theme will also take any additional changes/modifications you made to it.

dustinfaddis

Thanks Andrew & Kate! For the sake of trying to complete a solution to the problem I encountered, I asked BlueHost to uploaded my .sql file into MySQL datbase and I am going to edit my wp-config file to point towards my remote server then export my WP files using DW. This should work. Call me stubborn:) If this doesn't work, I will utilize your solution then hook up DW to the live site.:) You all Awesome!

dustinfaddis

I ended up mistakenly deleting some of my local files, so I could not complete the connection to wordpress. However, after I completed a new WP site using simple scripts on BlueHost, I created a new DW site and was able to "get" the files and "put" to a local site directory. What I learned from this was that having the local site folder named the same as the root directory ensures connectivity and communication when sending the files. Right now, I'm building my site live using the remote connection in DW and the WP manager. I am beginning to get familiar with how PageLines is structured and how the templates work. I like the theme and your future vision for it! Way to go! Thanks! DF